NAILED IT!!!

jsharr

Been wanting to change locales and careers.  

Had an interview this AM for a job selling cars.  Met the interviewer at a coffee shop in Kalamazoo.   This 30 year old chick was grilling me about car models.  Showed me a 57 chevy, or so she said, but I could tell it was a 55 because it did not have the chrome "eyebrows" over the headlights.   I had to tell her it was a 55 repeatedly.  Might have raised my voice, as a nosy little cretin a couple of tables over kept looking at me.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, which I had to tell the chick she was doing about the "57" chevy, but I am pretty sure I nailed this job interview.

So her boss is coming to the second interview.  If things go as well with him as they did with her, I may be moving north soon.  Hopefully he knows more about classic Chevrolets than she does.  Not to beat a dead horse, but I know way more than this chick about cars, and pretty much everything else. I SAID I KNOW WAY MORE THAN HER!!!

Just now, maddmaxx said:

I was once told by the manager of an auto dealership that they don't want salespeople who know a lot about cars.  They want salespeople who can sell up and avoid talking too much about the car.

"You'd look so good in that car.  It matches your eyes so well".

My car is black.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Not a parody.  I don't do parodies.  

And when I left he was having a conversation with the boss and ignoring the young lady that her had just run over in conversation.  I found out the guy's previous 2 years life story - Denver - divorce - losing money - moving back to Michigan - Mom in Michigan - Living with a former classmate he hooked up with on FB....

did you mean 3.26?

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Like I said - great OP to work with.  You couldn't go wrong.  Well I guess you could.  I've seen you screw it up before but I didn't want to mention that, but I guess I just did.

Oh well. 

As always, you are correct.