I am devastated, completely heartbroken

smudge

My girl died yesterday. I don't know what happened. She was in great spirits Friday, didn't eat much and slept a bit Saturday, threw up Saturday night, threw up Sunday morning, and was in the garage dead when we got home from camp Sunday evening.  I have never cried this much in my life. She was my little buddy. We slept together, ate together, hung out together. 

God I miss her.

1440241876_mygirl.thumb.jpg.f3d3644b379c14544018bfddcbc21c74.jpg

• Sad 23
  • Hugs 1

I've had so many cats over the decades I've been around that I can tell you I've never gotten used to losing one.  Stories like this bring a little tear to my eyes.  All three of mine are 11 and Athena is beginning to slow down a bit and sleep more............always on top of me damnit.

Sorry Smudge.  My advice, grieve for a while and then go find a loving kitten to be your next friend.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Man I’m sorry to hear that. We do love our furry little critters don’t we.

Very much. And this one was extra special. I told her many times she is my best girl and I love her. I'm glad I have her a kiss on her head the last time I saw her alive. Just wish I could have been there for her at the end.

Thanks again for your kindness, guys.

Just now, Airehead said:

Hold your memories close. Animals often know how much we will grieve and make their exit when we are away. I think they have this ability. Condolences on the loss of your friend 

Hmm, interesting thought. Thank you for that. ❤️

I am so sorry to hear this.  It's so hard to lose a loved friend and family member.  I hope your memories and the knowledge you gave her a great home and wonderful life can bring you some comfort.

• Heart 1