Sticker shock

BR46

20190722_173059.thumb.jpg.f1d670a4880eae82d5d061fdeaf3a1ea.jpgSitting in Newnan ga having a drink at one of the only bars in town.

$6.50 for a drink and it's a small tub!!! In sheboygan falls wi. a big tub mix drink is $2.50 for happy hour and $3.50 regular price. 

How do people afford to live here. 

• Sad 1

My recently turned 21 son and his recently turned 21 GF were lamenting about the cost of alcohol at bars & restaurants.   Yeah you gotta pay to play...

The next day there was a bottle of rum & vodka in the pantry. I guess they are going to mix their own drinks now?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Allen said:

What’s in Newnan other than the flea markets?

My son lives in Newnan. He moved here for his job other than that I can't find a reason to live in Newnan ga. 

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My recently turned 21 son and his recently turned 21 GF were lamenting about the cost of alcohol at bars & restaurants.   Yeah you gotta pay to play...

The next day there was a bottle of rum & vodka in the pantry. I guess they are going to mix their own drinks now?

At least it's not gin.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Back in the early 1990s, I was a bartender in a trendy restaurant.  Domestic beers were $1.25 and imports were $2.50. I remember the high end liquor was $3.25 a shot. 

About 10 years ago 8 guys from New York stopped in the little corner bar near my house. One of the guys plopped down a hundred dollar bill and said catch around for his friends. We he got his change he thought the bar tender made a mistake.

When he asked what where the drink prices were the look on his face was priceless. And then he bought the entire bar around. Pint beer was $1.50 and mixed drinks were $2 bucks for happy hour. 

You can still find VFW halls that are open to the public that have $1 pints. There might be only one brand on tap but it's only one dollar.