Sausage

maddmaxx

Today on a lark I purchased a package of Margaritaville Cuban Mojo style sausage links.  Who am I kidding, they were on a managers special $1.05 for 5 links, get um out of here.  At that price I'll try almost anything.  Now I need to figure out to do with a sausage link that has a bitolyme along with ghost pepper extract and soy sauce in it.  I have no idea what they will taste like or how hot they will be.

Game on.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Well did you cook them?

Tomorrow maybe.  Today was jalapeno burgers for lunch and home made chicken pot pie ala womax.  That's a chicken pot pie filling made her way served over puff pastry.  First I'm going to try one link grilled on a hot dog roll........basic taste test.  That will determine what to do with the rest.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Who am I kidding, they were on a managers special $1.05 for 5 links, get um out of here.  At that price I'll try

I buy stuff like that. Our market has a BBQ section that all the meat is 99 cents a pound. They have steaks, chops, all kinds of chicken, ribs, boneless ribs, and sausage patties. It’s all coated with a red powder. I’m guessing it was getting old and they coated it and marked it down. So far we haven’t died yet. I use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s thoroughly cooked.

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I buy stuff like that. Our market has a BBQ section that all the meat is 99 cents a pound. They have steaks, chops, all kinds of chicken, ribs, boneless ribs, and sausage patties. It’s all coated with a red powder. I’m guessing it was getting old and they coated it and marked it down. So far we haven’t died yet. I use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s thoroughly cooked.

Yep.  Here it goes on managers special when the sell by date is close.  This package was labeled tomorrow.  I generally cook sausage that look like brats till they boil and start spitting juice out of the casing.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

FAIL... Some of those are hot dogs.

BMSB

Technically a hot dog (or frankfurter) is a specific type of sausage. There's no way around that (processed meat shaped like a tube). The kind of meat, casing preparation, color, taste, etc all distinguish the kinds ofsausage. ... In the US, the hot dog is very common and most other sausages are not

Just now, jsharr said:

BMSB

Technically a hot dog (or frankfurter) is a specific type of sausage. There's no way around that (processed meat shaped like a tube). The kind of meat, casing preparation, color, taste, etc all distinguish the kinds ofsausage. ... In the US, the hot dog is very common and most other sausages are not

Wrong 100% wrong.  Just because you c&p some crap from the internet does not make you right.

There are hot dogs and there are sausages.  There is also no inter-racial marriage allow here either.

End of subject.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Wrong 100% wrong.  Just because you c&p some crap from the internet does not make you right.

There are hot dogs and there are sausages.  There is also no inter-racial marriage allow here either.

End of subject.

Don't be such a wiener whiner.  Read it and weep, Mr. Wrongy McWrongface.

https://www.hot-dog.org/sausage-basics/sausage-glossary

I for one do not want to argue with you or the NHDSC