More bike stuff

Further

a higher rise and shorter stem will do the trick.

Go to your LBS and see if they can show you options. My LBS had software to show you what the switch would look like. They entered the geometry of the bike then show you what it will look like to alter the rise and length of the stem.

48 minutes ago, dennis said:

a higher rise and shorter stem will do the trick.

Go to your LBS and see if they can show you options. My LBS had software to show you what the switch would look like. They entered the geometry of the bike then show you what it will look like to alter the rise and length of the stem.

If you bought bike in the past 15 years pretty much this^^^

...unless you leave the steerer intentionally a little long when you cut it, you're pretty much limited to one spot at the stem fork interface. They make all sorts of threadless stems that have shorter reach and more acute upright angles for just this reason. Once the fork steerer is cut, you're pretty much limited to one spot at the stem fork interface.

It seems most road bikes today are sold for speed rather than comfort. Tarmacs, Madones etc have a pretty aggressive geometry off the shelf.

I 'd rather be comfortable so you can ride faster longer while giving up some aerodynamics.  See how the head tube, stack, and stem put my handlebar in a comfortable position.

image.thumb.png.a127a79f488b8b9b1c5976db98ccf499.png

1 hour ago, Further said:

How do I raise the handlebars on the Roubaix ? About 2 inches please.

My back & neck are not taking to aerodynamics...

You could quickly raise the handlebars by either doing a wheelie or a manual. It’s hard to keep them raised for very long. I suggest ape hangers.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2