I got fat shamed today.

Page Turner

40 minutes ago, smudge said:

Did you remind the punk that XXL in bike shorts doesn't refer to the waistband?  :D

...like all victims of fat shaming, I was so taken aback at first that I just said, "Oh, okay then." Then I hung up.:(  It didn't even dawn on me until about 15 minutes had passed that this was what had happened.

3 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I ripped one of my bike shorts, and was looking to replace with my favorite, the Louis Garneau Sensor 2's that I find comfortable.  Since Performance Bike went belly up, the only place that carries them in store is Dick's Sporting Goods.  Which is a longer drive, but what can you do ?  Anyway, I called the one nearest me and the kid who answers (who probably doesn't even ride a bike) tells me that because I'm looking for the XXL size in them, they won't have anything like that.  I'll have to go to a real bike store.  They only carry the "regular" sizes. :angry:

Bastards.  I'll buy the fuckers on Amazon.:)

I think you should run this by FxJimmy.  I mean, he might be able to give you a few pointers.

27 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Can’t you shop Performance online and buy them there? I think that they’re still alive virtually.

...I can get them online any number of places.   I was just trying to support local business.  No good deed goes unpunished. :( 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Now listen......I'm your friend and I feel your pain.....but this happens to all of us fine figures of men eventually so keep your pecker up. 

On second thoughts I'm not sure that this advice goes with latex shorts.........shades of Rockingham teapots and all that.

image.png.fbd1e75bf8da5bf559925c7765bee802.png

1 hour ago, Chris... said:

Well XXL sounds pretty big to me. Unless it’s a European size, then it’s  probably a Medium in the US. 

...there's a difference between big and fat.  If you want, I can kick your ass and show you. :) I'm not a small person.  I've never been a small person.  I think they're made in Canada, so who knows whether they're European or American sized. ? Those guys are always suspect when it comes to their numbers.  Did you know they use the metric system there ? And you can forget about asking any of them the ambient air temperature, with all that Celsius bullshit.:angry: 

Maybe I should go down to that Dick's Sporting goods, find the kid I talked to, and kick his ass ? :huh:

• Haha 1

As your best friend and supporter I say.......don't listen to these detractors who make these cruel remarks about the size of your enormous Baheekie. These people would probably give their right arm to have buttocks the size of yours.....dear me yes.

I intend to point out to them that there is an inherent grandeur in the scale of an edifice such as your backside.......it is the Taj Mahal of its kind and should only be spoken of in hushed whispers.