So do you remember Pat Paulsen?

Ralphie

I always thought he was sort of annoying and that he needed some new material other than his running for presidente schtick, but I did and do appreciate his deadpan demeanor.  Herbert Humphrey sticks in my mind. :D

Edit: You would think my fingers were fat with the amount of typos I make and have to fix!  But they are not!

• Heart 1

I remember some 1980s Smothers Brothers TV reboot - I guess Yo-Yo-Man was involved - and I remember Paulsen from then.  I've seen clips of the 60s Smothers show and it looks like the same bit.  Still, deadpan delivery on ridiculous topics is timeless good humor.

• Awesome 1

I was 6 during the Nixon/Humphrey contest. I distinctly remember a commercial with a coin and Humphrey's face on each side. It would flip back and forth and Nixon's campaign called him 2 faced. Even as a kid, I didn't think that was very nice. 

I remember seeing Pat Paulsen on TV. It wasn't until I saw re-runs a couple years later that I started to get him. 

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

This song?

It wasn’t that song but I really like that song too. A funny thing happened when it started playing. I’m sitting on the deck watching the granddaughters swim and when the intro came on with the seagulls chirping a hummingbird heard the chirping and flew up to about a foot away from my phone and watched the video for about 15 seconds and then flew back to the feeder.

• Awesome 1