E-scooter injuries in our city-within only 2 wks.

shootingstar

When my daughter the nurse was working in Myrtle Beach she commented on the number of moped riders that were getting really badly hurt. They don't need a license up to 50cc, so lose your license to a DUI, get a scooter, and lose your life.

She also said that car / golf cart incidents were ugly and becoming very common.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I am ok with them endangering themselves.  I would have a real problem if they were endangering others, especially pedestrians. 

The cars that try to avoid hitting someone on an e-bike, or moped, may hit someone else.

And even if it was unavoidable, and not your fault, having someone's face splattered on your windshield is going to be an ugly memory 

50 minutes ago, Further said:

The cars that try to avoid hitting someone on an e-bike, or moped, may hit someone else.

And even if it was unavoidable, and not your fault, having someone's face splattered on your windshield is going to be an ugly memory 

Yeah, it would ruin ones day but they shouldn't be on the road.  According to the article, "Users can ride only on sidewalks, pathways and in bike lanes. It is illegal to ride these single-user devices on city roads. "

6 hours ago, Further said:

When my daughter the nurse was working in Myrtle Beach she commented on the number of moped riders that were getting really badly hurt. They don't need a license up to 50cc, so lose your license to a DUI, get a scooter, and lose your life.

She also said that car / golf cart incidents were ugly and becoming very common.

My cousin and her husband both retired from NSA (National Security Agency at Fort Meade), where they began as work-study seniors in high school so they had nice pensions, and moved from near Annapolis to Myrtle Beach.  They didn't realize a house right next to the golf course would take as much abuse as it did from errant balls.  Eventually, they missed their two daughters in Western Maryland and moved to Frederick, MD.