I've decided

Square Wheels

that I don't want to be angry any longer.

For most of my life I've been mad at the world about almost everything.  I hate politicians, I hate people who refuse to work and sponge off the system, I hate the guy who cut me off, I hate having to rake leaves...

All it got my was unhappy.

For the past few years I have been working really hard at trying to be happier.  Will bad things still happen?  Of course, but being happy during a bad situation certainly makes me feel better.

I had a lot of people at my house on Sunday.  The old me might have complained about a thing or two, and the very old me may have tried to have a bad time.  I tried really hard to have a good time and ended up having one of the best days of my life.

There is a lot to be said for being happy.  It's at least as contagious as being angry.  I'm going to try this for a few years.

• Heart 4

Life is too short to go throught it angry.  I used to be very angry and it almost cost me my marriage and my kids. For me, that meant learning to forgive myself and letting go of guilt and shame and self judgement for past mistakes.  I try now to put my self in that other persons shoes.  I wonder what may be going on in their life that makes them angry or rude or whatever and then I pray about that.  

It helps me to stay less angry.  Life is too short to go through it angry and upset and isolated.  

You gotta learn to love yourself first.  You cannot give away something you do not have.  So if you do not love yourself, how can you love your neighbor? 

I still get angry at times, but not as often and when I do I try to go back and seek forgiveness.  

Glad you are giving up angry.

Also, I try not to use the word hate.  Hate is a strong word.  I tell my kids that all the time.  We really have to watch the words that we let come out of our mouths. As INXS said, Words are weapons sharper than knifes.  

• Heart 1

I'm really happy in my personal life

and guess what? I really don't care what you chumps suckas on the interwebs think about anything :P

I have a great job with a great company, I go home and ride bikes in a fantastic part of the country, I play music all evening...its great. I do what I want all the time

I'm really happy in my personal life

and guess what? I really don't care what you chumps suckas on the interwebs think about anything :P

I have a great job with a great company, I go home and ride bikes in a fantastic part of the country, I play music all evening...its great. I do what I want all the time

You sound pretty pissed off about that.

I get sidewalk rage.

I had a lot of people at my house on Sunday.  The old me might have complained about a thing or two, and the very old me may have tried to have a bad time.  I tried really hard to have a good time and ended up having one of the best days of my life.

You're just happy that I didn't show up.  If the BassMan could read a map we'd have been there.  That would have ruined your day.

• Heart 1

I've learned over my many years that what one person thinks is a joke someone else may consider it to be an insult.  Religion is a very charged topic and you almost always lose when joking about it.

I've learned that when joking with people about religions, that if they can't take a joke without flipping out, then they aren't people I care to associate with. 

I'm not a religious person, but I know it's always a heated topic and it makes me uncomfortable when people argue about it.  It could go from what appears to be a simple debate to someone ending up dead in a matter of minutes.  Life is too short for me to get that angry.  I already wasted enough.  I have a lot of happy to be getting to so I can make up for lost time.

I've learned that when joking with people about religions, that if they can't take a joke without flipping out, then they aren't people I care to associate with. 

so you just bash away at someone's religion and if it hurts them, you don't care?

then when they don't like it, you just hit them with the old "you aren't being a good Christian" stuff??

because that's what you do to me...even after we (allegedly) had made a general peace

so you just bash away at someone's religion and if it hurts them, you don't care?

then when they don't like it, you just hit them with the old "you aren't being a good Christian" stuff??

because that's what you do to me...even after we (allegedly) had made a general peace

You took my comment to KT as bashing away at your religion? wash the sand out of your vag.

BTW, Why do you feel the need to attack a minimum wage worker on your Seattle visit? That doesn't sound like the Christian way of treating the poor to me. No one was bashing your religion when you made that comment.

BTW, Why do you feel the need to attack a minimum wage worker on your Seattle visit? That doesn't sound like the Christian way of treating the poor to me. No one was bashing your religion when you made that comment.

OOooh....Nate's coming to Seattle?

Do you think he'll do a fish slapping dance with me?

For some strange reason that right there feels like a threat it my existence. 

Nope... your safe :)

Don't eradicate; join a happy gang.

And if the irritating people are still around, it's okay to avoid them.

Then wouldn't that be like joining an angry mob? I'm sure we would happen to swarm the sub-par species after a while of getting frustrated with them.