Mt. Washington century ride report

Gump

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

I climbed it too (though not this morning):

41C03AE5-27F9-4E14-AC96-E720BBA24957.jpeg.42fa4598608a9f6a830cbb35d81adb63.jpeg

80DBD68B-F9FA-4288-9ED6-C97C10CB71AD.jpeg.a5a982c5a9194a07b2616c5a85075f34.jpeg

20AEF43C-725B-46E5-BBD0-CE628194B129.jpeg.4881325cb38c77238e532bdec3812d74.jpeg

I really do want to do it again. ?

Kudos to those that can climb it. I would never make it. And I’m ok with that?

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Further said:

Did you notice if there was any snow left in Tuckerman's Ravine ?

Couldn’t see Tuckermans but there was a patch at the top of Great Gulf. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, jsharr said:

Did @Kzoo get your yard done while you were riding?

Hey, I got there and him and his lady were off vacationing.  He left me no gas for the mower so I had to go back into town to get that.  Then the battery was dead on the mower.  He must have left the lights on or something.  So I had to jump that but to do that I had to push the mower quite a ways to get close enough...

Then the mower wouldn't start.  I took the plugs out and they were corroded.  Sooooo, another trip back into town to get him new spark plugs for his mower.  I finally get the thing started and one of the blades fell off - does he ever maintain that thing?  I had to find a couple of blocks to get the tractor and deck up to put the blade back on but first had to find a 15/16' wrench.  I don't normally carry mine with me.  So back into town to buy a wrench.  I got the blade on and then smashed my fingers getting the blocks out from under the deck.  There was quite a bit of blood so I figured I better get to the care center - back into town...

By the time I got out of the care center it was dark.  I'll be back next weekend to finish up where I left off.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hey, I got there and him and his lady were off vacationing.  He left me no gas for the mower so I had to go back into town to get that.  Then the battery was dead on the mower.  He must have left the lights on or something.  So I had to jump that but to do that I had to push the mower quite a ways to get close enough...

Then the mower wouldn't start.  I took the plugs out and they were corroded.  Sooooo, another trip back into town to get him new spark plugs for his mower.  I finally get the thing started and one of the blades fell off - does he ever maintain that thing?  I had to find a couple of blocks to get the tractor and deck up to put the blade back on but first had to find a 15/16' wrench.  I don't normally carry mine with me.  So back into town to buy a wrench.  I got the blade on and then smashed my fingers getting the blocks out from under the deck.  There was quite a bit of blood so I figured I better get to the care center - back into town...

By the time I got out of the care center it was dark.  I'll be back next weekend to finish up where I left off.

The mower has lights, you said so yourself.  Slacker.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

The mower has lights, you said so yourself.  Slacker.

Little tiny bulbs with froster over lenses.  You can't see a thing with those lights.  I'd of run over Zack's cat and been in trouble for that.  No way!

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Little tiny bulbs with froster over lenses.  You can't see a thing with those lights.  I'd of run over Zack's cat and been in trouble for that.  No way!

With just a bit of initiative you could have mounted to KC Day Lighters or an LED light bar on that thing.  Slacker.

Related image

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And another trip into town...

You were already in town at the care center.....  As I recall it is next to Jimmy's Late Night Auto Parts Emporium....  Aisle 17....   what is that word I am searching for?  Oh, yeah, SLACKER.