Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

Mt. Washington century ride report


Recommended Posts



56 minutes ago, Zackny said:

We’re doing that tomorrow morning.

 

 

 

in the truck?

Seriously, congrats!! Looks like you and she had an awesome ride!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zealot said:

I climbed it too (though not this morning):

41C03AE5-27F9-4E14-AC96-E720BBA24957.jpeg.42fa4598608a9f6a830cbb35d81adb63.jpeg

80DBD68B-F9FA-4288-9ED6-C97C10CB71AD.jpeg.a5a982c5a9194a07b2616c5a85075f34.jpeg

20AEF43C-725B-46E5-BBD0-CE628194B129.jpeg.4881325cb38c77238e532bdec3812d74.jpeg

I really do want to do it again. ?

 

Kudos to those that can climb it. I would never make it. And I’m ok with that?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Further said:

Did you notice if there was any snow left in Tuckerman's Ravine ?

Couldn’t see Tuckermans but there was a patch at the top of Great Gulf. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Kudos to those that can climb it. I would never make it. And I’m ok with that?

Honestly, if you trained for it I bet you could.  Trust me, I saw kids and octogenarians ride up that hill.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zackny said:

You know that saying about there being no such thing as a stupid question, well it’s not quite true?

I may be stupid but you hired him

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jsharr said:

Did @Kzoo get your yard done while you were riding?

Hey, I got there and him and his lady were off vacationing.  He left me no gas for the mower so I had to go back into town to get that.  Then the battery was dead on the mower.  He must have left the lights on or something.  So I had to jump that but to do that I had to push the mower quite a ways to get close enough...

Then the mower wouldn't start.  I took the plugs out and they were corroded.  Sooooo, another trip back into town to get him new spark plugs for his mower.  I finally get the thing started and one of the blades fell off - does he ever maintain that thing?  I had to find a couple of blocks to get the tractor and deck up to put the blade back on but first had to find a 15/16' wrench.  I don't normally carry mine with me.  So back into town to buy a wrench.  I got the blade on and then smashed my fingers getting the blocks out from under the deck.  There was quite a bit of blood so I figured I better get to the care center - back into town...

By the time I got out of the care center it was dark.  I'll be back next weekend to finish up where I left off.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hey, I got there and him and his lady were off vacationing.  He left me no gas for the mower so I had to go back into town to get that.  Then the battery was dead on the mower.  He must have left the lights on or something.  So I had to jump that but to do that I had to push the mower quite a ways to get close enough...

Then the mower wouldn't start.  I took the plugs out and they were corroded.  Sooooo, another trip back into town to get him new spark plugs for his mower.  I finally get the thing started and one of the blades fell off - does he ever maintain that thing?  I had to find a couple of blocks to get the tractor and deck up to put the blade back on but first had to find a 15/16' wrench.  I don't normally carry mine with me.  So back into town to buy a wrench.  I got the blade on and then smashed my fingers getting the blocks out from under the deck.  There was quite a bit of blood so I figured I better get to the care center - back into town...

By the time I got out of the care center it was dark.  I'll be back next weekend to finish up where I left off.

 

The mower has lights, you said so yourself.  Slacker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

The mower has lights, you said so yourself.  Slacker.

Little tiny bulbs with froster over lenses.  You can't see a thing with those lights.  I'd of run over Zack's cat and been in trouble for that.  No way!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Little tiny bulbs with froster over lenses.  You can't see a thing with those lights.  I'd of run over Zack's cat and been in trouble for that.  No way!

With just a bit of initiative you could have mounted to KC Day Lighters or an LED light bar on that thing.  Slacker.

Related image
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

With just a bit of initiative you could have mounted to KC Day Lighters or an LED light bar on that thing.  Slacker.

Related image
 

And another trip into town...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And another trip into town...

 

You were already in town at the care center.....  As I recall it is next to Jimmy's Late Night Auto Parts Emporium....  Aisle 17....   what is that word I am searching for?  Oh, yeah, SLACKER.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...