Do you do the job of two people?

Randomguy

yes, I do my regular job, and then I come over here and fuck up bosox, badger hippies, and denagrate minorities

its hard work sticking it to the liberals, but its really rewarding, too

RG is trying to figure out if sucking AND blowing at sales constitutes "doing the work of two people" :P

Nah, I was wondering how many of us were part of that automation (of a sort) that put others out of work.  I didn't, I am in sales.  I can sell as much as two people sometimes, but that won't prevent them from hiring others.

I was wondering how many of us were part of that automation (of a sort) that put others out of work.

shit, all those jobs have been gone since the 90s

no, the only people put out of work in the Obama years are the small business owners

Oh come on, two people couldn't come close to replacing me.  Every other division of this company has entire departments to do what I do and they still do a fraction of the work I do.

Do you?

The 27K laid off was a cost cutting move designed to help keep HP going.

all he understands is government handouts

typical west coast liberal....those evil corporations and all that

bet he votes Hillary in 2016 :whistle:

Do you?

The 27K laid off was a cost cutting move designed to help keep HP going.

However, if HP had been managed better in the past decade (Carly Fiorina and every CEO since), that might not have been necessary.

HP has bungled a lot of things in a relatively short time, and has become a short-term profit seeker rather than a long-term innovative company like it was under Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard.

Fiorina, Hurd, Apotheker, and Whitman have not improved HP.  It was a brilliant company of engineers with an ethical philosophy taken over by beancounters.  HP hurt itself by buying Compaq, EDS, and Palm and managing to fail with all three, then slashing a huge portion of those companies' employees to stay afloat.  And while its servers are still pretty decent, their printers have declined greatly due to cost-cutting tactics.  They have also gained the ire ov businesses by forcing service contracts to download BIOS updates for servers and switches (which risks unpatched security holes and prompts companies to seek other vendors that don't do this, like Dell).

HP brougt itself to the point where it had to do the cost-cutting.  A better, less bungling board of directors (and CEOs who weren't highly self-centered might have prevented the need in the first place.