NFL Preseason Starts Tonight

ChrisL

Anyone care?  I’m geeked about it, can’t wait.

As a strange aside, I saw a commercial on an LA based network: Channel 5, LA’s home for Raider football....

Hmmm, LA has two teams now, neither are the Raiders and neither has a preseason deal with a local network!?!?

• Confused 1

Just now, jsharr said:

I just checked and Jerry Jones is STILL the Anti Christ and due to that small fact, Dallas will still suck.

Dallas ONLY has to suck less than Philly, Washington, and the Giants.  EVERY season, half the NFC East SUCKS big time. Sometimes ALL suck, but it is safe to bet Dallas has a fighting chance against the other three.

Preseason always clashes with the outdoor activities here.  July and August are most definitely the months to get out and enjoy the beauty we live in.  But if I'm home lounging around and the game is on, I'll turn it on.  But mainly I don't think much of preseason until the last game or two.  The first 2 are simply watching borderline cases attempting to fulfill a dream only to get it smashed and return to their pizza delivery job.

• Heart 1

Every year I find I can't get into football until I start feeling that chill in the air and the smell of leaves starting to change.  I won't really get into it until mid-September at the earliest.  My interest in the preseason waned years ago - but I'm glad for all of you who are excited for it.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

Every year I find I can't get into football until I start feeling that chill in the air and the smell of leaves starting to change.  I won't really get into it until mid-September at the earliest.  My interest in the preseason waned years ago - but I'm glad for all of you who are excited for it.

Man the season would be nearly over before you got into the season if you lived in SoCal with that requirement!  Chill in the air, shoot that might not happen until early December out here!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

Same.  Although this time of year I typically get excited to watch some college ball, but I can't really start getting seriously into pro ball until October or so.