Tried to like it

Airehead

There are lots of things I don't like, but I don't recall trying hard to like them.  Mostly if I don't like something, I'm fine with that, although there are times it would have been convenient to drink coffee.

• Heart 2

43 minutes ago, Kirby said:

There are lots of things I don't like, but I don't recall trying hard to like them.  Mostly if I don't like something, I'm fine with that, although there are times it would have been convenient to drink coffee.

This.  If I don't like something I'm probably not going to put much effort into trying to change my own mind.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, smudge said:

Brussel sprouts

Why would you try after the first attempt.

I hate Brussel sprouts.  We have a local Italian restaurant that makes baked Brussel sprouts.  They wrap the sprouts in prosciutto and then bake the things.  Those are pretty good if you like the saltiness of the prosciutto.  Bacon would be better.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Airehead said:

What was one thing that you tried hard to like but in the end, you were unsuccessful?

Cucumber.

Just now, jsharr said:

I detest okra for this very reason and have a hard time with any fruit or vegetable that has seeds covered in slimy glop.

Tomatoes were a very hard one for me to get over -- but I've made it.  I don't set records clearing the bar, but I can now eat a slice of tomato on a burger or in a taco salad, for example.  No way with your cucumbers though.  Nasty.

• Heart 1

Math....it's a necessity at the most basic level.  Fans tell me there is poetry in math. I'm sure there is, but it doesn't jive with me naturally.  

And I will be suggesting to my manager, to try reporting slightly different metrics.  Telling the story of department, is not good enough if it's just numbers.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.  If I don't like something, I more or less forget about it. Life is too short to endure 'torture'.

My job is sometimes “ torture”. I have to endure it to pay the bills. I don’t know why they like torturing us!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Olives.  I have tried to like them because people rave about loving them, so I figure I am missing something.  I keep trying and while I do not hate them, I would not care if I ever ate another one

I will eat your share

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

20 hours ago, roadsue said:

Expensive meals. People tell me they’re special and a great way to celebrate, but I’d rather share a picnic in the foothills at sunset for $20 than a meal in a swanky restaurant at $200. 

You do know it's possible to have both....right?

12 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Olives.  I have tried to like them because people rave about loving them, so I figure I am missing something.  I keep trying and while I do not hate them, I would not care if I ever ate another one

No use... absolutely no use for olives.  

Wait, they make good oil and great compost. Keep them away from my food.

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Airehead said:

does this include all varieties or only the less desirable green ones?

Rubbery black California olives are the worst!  Green olives like castelvetrano rock the house, as well as real black olives like kalamata olives.  So good!

i hated olives until I was 44 or so, something clicked then. 

• Awesome 1