Tuesday miles or smiles

Longjohn

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Some cycling with a brief swimming section! Wow!

There is one place on that loop that I usually do stop for a swim but right now I still have an open wound where they did a biopsy on my chest. The surgeon said not to get in lake water on the open wound. I have surgery next week on those.

• Sad 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

There is one place on that loop that I usually do stop for a swim but right now I still have an open wound where they did a biopsy on my chest. The surgeon said not to get in lake water on the open wound. I have surgery next week on those. 

So you slap some pontoons onto your bike?  That's cool too.

Remember when going in the ocean with a cut was a GOOD idea.  Ah, childhood memories :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I did 20 miles before work to beat the heat. However I didn't beat the rain.

I got home from my 36 mile ride and went straight to the back deck and stripped off my sweaty bike clothes. Took a quick swim in the chlorinated water and when I heard thunder I got out and started grilling burgers. The storm hit hard, power was off and on several times. I am blessed.

• Heart 3

No miles, but smiles.

This had been my morning coffee spot since Friday.  The lake is a dog leg left and six or seven miles long with lots of islands, bays and hidden nooks and crannies.  We camped on a island that was less than 100 geet square.  This morning there were a grand total of six people (counting us) on the whole lake.  It is rough when it is hard to carry on a conversation because the loons keep interrupting you.

FB_IMG_1565138287983.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Envious 2

Commuted to and from work for a total of 20 miles. 

I took a new route home that zig zags uphill and flats. It’s a little shorter, but includes more riding alongside traffic and a brief stretch of gravel. I like it better. I’m going to try it tomorrow morning and see what the morning traffic is like.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2