What Apps do you use on your phone?

Kirby

I was having a conversation with a friend who uses her bank's app on her phone to deposit checks.   In fact she thought it was odd that I went to an ATM to deposit a check.  This got us started on a general conversation of which apps we used on a regular basis.

I don't use my phone a lot for things other than texts and checking work email.  The few apps I have downloaded are Alexa (use sometimes), Uber (used a few times when traveling), the" telemedicine" app from my doctor's medical group.  I've never used the medical app to virtually visit a doctor, but it seemed like a good idea to have it ready because I'd probably be too sick to figure it out if I ever needed to use it.  I also have the app for the parking lot at the commuter train station because I needed to add extra days to my parking once and an airline app from the airline I fly most often.

So what apps do you have downloaded or use frequently? (and I know some people will say they have a phone that doesn't download apps, that's cool too!)

8 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I have 62 files on my iPhone.  Each file has between 5 and 10 apps in it.  So, too many to list.  I do most of my banking and all of my investing on iPhone apps. 

That’s like my wife.  My phone is a work phone so just safari & the apple news & sports apps.  

• Heart 1

A. Bunch. 

Banking, finance & cc apps

Maps

Prime video

amazon & Starbucks, Papa Johns, JimmyJohns, eBay

HP41 cv emulator calculator

NYT crossword

Nest

Audible

6x work apps

6 x safety apps

Hilton, GA 511, Chevy truck app (mostly for the key fob feature)

a few news apps

5 weather apps

4 health apps

a few games: Candy Crush, 2 x Angry Birds, Backgammon, Mah Jong, Minesweeper

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

I was having a conversation with a friend who uses her bank's app on her phone to deposit checks.   In fact she thought it was odd that I went to an ATM to deposit a check.  This got us started on a general conversation of which apps we used on a regular basis.

Absolutely get and use a banking app for your phone.  We have BoA, and I do almost all my banking on my phone. I used it yesterday to shoot my brother some money for my portion of a bill. I deposit checks and pay bills routinely on it. I have not set foot in a bricks & mortar bank - except to get some "crisp & new" $100 bills - in maybe a decade, since I use the app on my phone or website on my laptop.

But, other apps are the traditional ones most mention:

Google maps, Safari browser, Garmin & Strava, FB, Instagram, Hi-Def radar, Stitcher, assorted restaurant apps, Starbucks, Libby, Wiki, IMDB, Amazon, BoA, Zillow, Lyft, Uber, REI Nat Parks, frequent flyer accts, and then a crap ton of random relatively unused apps in folders  like "Games", "Shopping", "Travel", and "Utilities".  The named apps make up 95% of my app usage, with the first few being 50+%.

Weather, WeatherBug, Pandora, Arlo, multiple banking apps, Waze, Google, Instagram, Crosswords, Flickr, Facebook, Strava, Boomerang, Kindle, Stormradar, Amazon, Linksys, Kasa, Alexa, MyQ (garage door), Nextdoor, Safari, Yelp; to name a few.