My wife kicks ass -- vacation plans booked

Dottleshead

Wonderful day but these hard tails we rented are indeed hard. Didn't ride the trails but some of the greenbelt instead. About 15 miles of pavement in total I guess on MTBs and my ass is sore and quite frankly I am gassed. My wife is off riding 1 mile down to the co-op by herself. I feel kind of bad but it's a safe friendly city. I am just going to lay down. I don't feel real good.

It's so great to have someone in the family great at vacation planning. My sister-in-law and her sister-in-law make plans for big, extended family vacations every couple of years, dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's before the rest of us have to do anything.

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

How cool is this? They have these all around town.

We have those dotted along the local bike trail, but other than for the free pump, I rarely if ever have seen them used.  The free pump is GREAT, though because way too many casual riders fail to consider tire pressure when setting out on their once in a blue moon ride.  A few place might have compressed air as well.  I'd really rather see "bottle fill up stations" with some sort of filtered water along the trail.

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

We have those dotted along the local bike trail, but other than for the free pump, I rarely if ever have seen them used.  The free pump is GREAT, though because way too many casual riders fail to consider tire pressure when setting out on their once in a blue moon ride.  A few place might have compressed air as well.  I'd really rather see "bottle fill up stations" with some sort of filtered water along the trail.

The tools dangling would be cut off with bolt cutters in the bigger cities. But it was nice because I needed to adjust my rental bike seat. It literally saved my biking day due to sore ass.

My final thoughts on Boise are this.  Most of you probably will never go there.  Most of you probably will never have a reason to go there.  And most of you probably aren't allured enough to go there on your own free will.  But to visit is peaceful and easy and the best part I think is the way the entire community seems to embrace the biking community.  Whether you are riding in the streets in downtown traffic or using one of the many bike paths  -- or you're riding the greenbelt along the river on paved, dedicated bike paths on the river trail system -- or you're riding your mountain bike from town into the surrounding foothills on a network of mountain biking trails for hundreds of miles -- you're sure to find sanctuary -- all while having access to all the services and amenities you may possibly need.  Plus the airport is a swisher to get in and out of. 

I don't know when we'll be back again as there are other places on our list -- but you can bet we will be back sometime.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1