I'm one of the cool kids.

donkpow

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Got my 'Vans' on so I won't blow off my BMX pedals. I am tweaked and ready to shred, pinch the biscuit, and launch into an air trick. So stoked I'll be putting on a show later at the park.

I used to have a shirt with a pic of a cow in sunglasses surfing that said "Udderly Radical". :D

That was cool! 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Got my 'Vans' on so I won't blow off my BMX pedals. I am tweaked and ready to shred, pinch the biscuit, and launch into an air trick. So stoked I'll be putting on a show later at the park.

Did you get this approved by our cool members, late and shootingstar, Couch and DH?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I actually used to have a pair of Vans. Used to skate board with my son. 

I remember the first time I hopped on my sons skateboard and blew his mind.   How did you know how to skate!?!?  I had skateboards when I was a kid.  They had skateboards then!?!? ???

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Don't you have to finish making that screen window thingy for your 'man' van first?

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Vans are a SoCal institution as the Van Doren brothers started the company here in the early 60’s.

I grew up wearing them but honestly haven’t owned a pair in many years...  I guess I’m no longer cool...

Lol!!!  I was in my 40s when I picked it up. He was really into it and so I decided to learn so that I could share his interest with him.  He basically taught me everything.  His friends always thought it was pretty cool that the ‘old guy’ could shred a little with them.  ?

• Heart 2

29 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Lol!!!  I was in my 40s when I picked it up. He was really into it and so I decided to learn so that I could share his interest with him.  He basically taught me everything.  His friends always thought it was pretty cool that the ‘old guy’ could shred a little with them.  ?

One of the funniest skateboard moments was when we were leaving after a baseball game.  I had two hands full of crap and one of my sons buddies rides off except he rolled over a stone or such and kicked the board back towards me.   I hopped on and rode the board all the way to the parking lot.

But the funny part was I was the booster President at the time  and the kids reaction “El presidente, nooooo”.  I wasn’t sure if he was concerned about my well being or his board!  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

One of the funniest skateboard moments was when we were leaving after a baseball game.  I had two hands full of crap and one of my sons buddies rides off except he rolled over a stone or such and kicked the board back towards me.   I hopped on and rode the board all the way to the parking lot.

But the funny part was I was the booster President at the time  and the kids reaction “El presidente, nooooo”.  I wasn’t sure if he was concerned about my well being or his board!  

Awesome!  My son and his friends really loved it when I let them skitch.... ?

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

And we have skate parks... The difference between SoCal & Ohio I guess...   sheot kids ride their skateboards on campus between classes...

We have skate parks around here.  And, I guess, not surprisingly a growing number of kids skateboarding. 

I remember when I was a kid, my older cousin was always begging my dad to let him know the next time we drained the pool so he could come use it for skateboarding :D  My dad was pretty clear that was not gonna happen.

But it is a bit like riding a bike. That cousin, 40 years later, can still hop on a skateboard and do some crazy sheot. 

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, Zealot said:

Awesome!  My son and his friends really loved it when I let them skitch.... ?

I am going through tons of old photos we’ve stored on a couple sticks.  Just ran across these of my son and I skateboarding together:

BCF81DD5-7EAD-4446-8DB5-0B36C7CAD9A6.thumb.jpeg.ab6253044396098f790618e9764f3e76.jpeg55419C72-8677-4F7A-BA37-3CA3E41B87CB.thumb.jpeg.dd1190191644fa2793fae9cffc26bb59.jpeg4AF6CE94-B982-48D6-8DF6-9444BEAE25CB.thumb.jpeg.3c86e792b0f9b5649e8555cc64c9981c.jpeg5A6A3F71-BDBB-4DF8-930E-BD44343389BB.thumb.jpeg.4ff0f69e6cd02697633979bf81b68795.jpeg3C20F0EE-592B-4E3A-9DE9-0F041ACE8F58.thumb.jpeg.bc6c5c02cc1e0da851138e365ca84abd.jpeg

He was teaching me some rail slides. Damn, where did the time go???????

• Heart 3

15 minutes ago, Airehead said:

what is the world is on your head?

If your asking me that question, it’s my hair.  Poliosis, Mallen streak, piebald...  developed a white patch in early 20s. Think “Rogue”, from X-men.  As I aged, it steadily grew into a stripe, like the pictures.  Because it was so pronounced, I started parting my fair on the other side and combing the darker hair over the stripe. But now that I’m mostly gray, it’s hard to tell. ?

And, it’s another reason I like hats... ?