Battling Baby Boomer Football Fantasy League

MickinMD

I have set up the Battling Baby Boomers fantasy football league on CBS Sports for the 5th year in a row. Details of how to join are listed below for anyone interested. The league needs 11 more players as I write this - it generally fills up in about 1 week after I list the league (I listed it today, Aug. 8th ).

It’s a standard league (details below) that generally attracts veteran, skilled but not expert-level fantasy players who play out the entire season even if their teams don’t do well

The live draft will be held, online and linked to the league’s homepage on Sunday, Sept. 1, 2019 at 7:45 pm EDT and should take 1 hour or less.

It is not absolutely necessary to actively participate in the live draft: if you don’t make a pick, the CBS computer automatically picks for you and generally does a good job.

A few people from previous years rejoin each year - unlike other sites, CBS doesn’t allow people to automatically contact and reserve spots for previous year’s league members.

League Details.

Number of teams: 12 in 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Each team plays division mates twice: weeks 1-3 and 12-14 and plays the other divisions’ teams once: weeks 4-11.

Length of season: 16 weeks max. (NFL regular season weeks 1-16): 14 weeks regular season, top 4 teams (division winners plus best 2nd place team) make playoffs: week 15 semifinals, week 16 championship game.

Roster:

9 starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

5 bench players: any positions desired

Like most other fantasy leagues, we don't play week 17 (the last NFL regular season week) because NFL teams who already know their playoff positions often bench their top players for 1/2 or the whole game.

You’ll have to register for free at CBS, there should be a link at the top right of https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/

In order to join a fantasy league, go to https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/games/football/

Then click “Join a league” and on the next page click “Free”.

On the next page, pick a name for your team (you can change it before the league fills if you want) and click OK.

You’ll be taken to a page called “Join a League”.

On the “SEARCH LEAGUE BY NAME OR KEYWORD” line enter “Battling Baby Boomers”- or another name if you want a different league like something to do with “Patriots” etc. and follow the prompts to join.

• 4 weeks later...