Is it me or do you see the same thing happening?

KrAzY

This year I have noticed that cyclists are becoming more Aholes... This morning I was running a few errands, when I came to a complete stop at a four way stop. There were two cyclists about 50 feet from the sign when I preceded to go. The once cyclist gave me a dirty look as he cranked faster towards the sign, and the other guy yelled about me not having the right away... Last time I checked I stopped, no one was around, I went.. 

I know who the guy is and have seen him several times acting like a dick as he goes past my house riding the center line telling off other drivers. 

I have also noticed more and more riders not even using the damn bike lane, but riding to the left of the designated area for them causing commuting hassles. I know we have a right to be on the road, but if given a bike lane, stay in the F'er unless there are hazards! 

Has anyone else noticed these bad behaviors starting to appear more lately? 

P.S. this is an observation, not a rant! 

• Heart 1

yes, I've noticed this more and more.

When we were kids, we rode bikes for fun

When they were kids, they didn't really ride bikes because they were constantly supervised so they wouldn't end up on milk cartons

so now when they ride bikes, they are so serious.

No, no, your rant needs to change in structure to be fully realized.

Besides, what are you saying?  I feel like there were a lot of words there that were occluding the real story.

Stop using big words like "I feel" and " story"

Just knock it off Mr. Fancy pants I have a job and I feel unloved! 

yes, I've noticed this more and more.

When we were kids, we rode bikes for fun

When they were kids, they didn't really ride bikes because they were constantly supervised so they wouldn't end up on milk cartons

so now when they ride bikes, they are so serious.

why do you assume the cyclists are young? They could be cranky old people that think they own the roads.

why do you assume the cyclists are young? They could be cranky old people that think they own the roads.

I said cyclists, not vehicle in a parking lot moving less then 1 mph on the way to the early bird special. 

The behavior you describe is not limited to cyclists; more and more people exhibit it in a variety of situations.

I ascribe it to people thinking there are no consequences to their actions - that they won't get caught or they don't think people will call them out. In limited cases they were never taught by their parents or bothered to learn good manners and respect for others. And if it degenerates into a physical confrontation the azzhat knows he can call the police and press charges, even though he instigated the situation and acted like a complete moron.

• Heart 1

And if it degenerates into a physical confrontation the azzhat knows he can call the police and press charges, even though he instigated the situation and acted like a complete moron.

when I was growing up, I knew that if it degenerated into a physical confrontation, that ain't nothing but a good time on a Saturday night in Texas

• Heart 1

I feel you are just saying that kind of thing so you don't have to get to the story.  What do you feel is the story?

The story is right there... you are not reading my posts... you make me sad enough to not mind if Inge bites you anymore... :(

I will be setting up two trail cams with 30 second video. I have permission from out town hall and police department. 

I want to catch him being rude to people more often so the doughnut eaters can get him... hopefully it corrects his behavior and pisses him off all at the same time...

or I can just toss a spikes trip when I see him rolling down my block next time.. maybe I will fire a flare gun at him... or throw hot sauce and beer bottle at him.. the ideas are endless, but I do know I can make his life hell now that I know his address :)

I'm thinking of flaming dog poo in a bag on his porch  :nod head:

Maybe I'll just be nave and wave... saying "Hello Richard" every time I see him... one day he will tell me his name is not richard, and I will say "Buy you look like a Dick"... HAHAHA revenge will be mine!!!!!! 

I have a bell mounted on my car's steering wheel.  

The steering wheel is wrapped in handlebar wrap.  

I have replaced the brake and gas pedals with bike pedals.  

I drive/ride my car in full kit.

I ring my bell and run stop signs in my car now.

• Heart 2