College Football Outlook for 2019/2020?

Razors Edge

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That might be a VERY regional opinion. :whistle:

Those of us who have followed for years are a bit perplexed why they are getting so many national rankings and picks to win B1G west. I think they are a far better team than last year’s 4-8 team, but there are still a lot of question marks until they stated producing on the field. 

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Corn who?

The good news is that some Top 25 teams always lose in Week 1, so the non-ranked teams out there have a chance to get recognition in the Week 2 polls.  Sept 28th is their first full test, so they could definitely creep up the polls.

The 'Huskers have a very talented QB that 'could' have a B1G breakout season.  They have a few other weapons and they have a coach that has a history of success building a program.  The 'Huskers might be coming into their own and a trip to Indy for the B1G conference championships would not surprise some people (even some people outside of Nebraska)

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The 'Huskers have a very talented QB that 'could' have a B1G breakout season.  They have a few other weapons and they have a coach that has a history of success building a program.  The 'Huskers might be coming into their own and a trip to Indy for the B1G conference championships would not surprise some people (even some people outside of Nebraska) 

A rebalancing of the Big 10 divisions might be a good idea.  Seems super lopsided.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

A rebalancing of the Big 10 divisions might be a good idea.  Seems super lopsided.

That happens when you split them in such a haphazard manner.  It makes no since to have the teams in the east play in the eastern division and the teams in the west play in the western division (don't let their stupid division names confuse the issue).

#sarcasmincaseyoumissedit 

Just now, Kzoo said:

That happens when you split them in such a haphazard manner.  It makes no since to have the teams in the east play in the eastern division and the teams in the west play in the western division (don't let their stupid division names confuse the issue).

#sarcasmincaseyoumissedit 

Are you being sarcastic????

Do you think they named the divisions first and sorted them second? Or vice versa?  If you stack most of the "good" teams in one group, and leave the other group packed with the "not so good" (ACC, SEC, Big 10, etc), it REALLY makes for sheotty conference championship play.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are you being sarcastic????

Do you think they named the divisions first and sorted them second? Or vice versa?  If you stack most of the "good" teams in one group, and leave the other group packed with the "not so good" (ACC, SEC, Big 10, etc), it REALLY makes for sheotty conference championship play.

Welcome to the Big 10 The Ohio State Conference.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Welcome to the Big 10 The Ohio State Conference.

Do you think Georgia's big recruiting tool is their "We get a chance to play for the SEC championship every year?"  If they were stuck in Alabama's division, what would they use to get folks to come there instead?

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Do you think Georgia's big recruiting tool is their "We get a chance to play for the SEC championship every year?"  If they were stuck in Alabama's division, what would they use to get folks to come there instead?

Yeah, Wisconsin can convince those 5 star recruits from Florida to come to Madison (the winter wonderland that it is) with the promise to play against The Ohio State Buckeyes in beautiful downtown Indianapolis every November.  Ask them how well that works out.

Just now, Kzoo said:

Yeah, Wisconsin can convince those 5 star recruits from Florida to come to Madison (the winter wonderland that it is) with the promise to play against The Ohio State Buckeyes in beautiful downtown Indianapolis every November.  Ask them how well that works out. 

Honestly, if I were a top/star recruit, I would have one school on my list - Hawaii.  After that, I'd settle for some SoCal hotspot or Miami. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dottie said:
19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, when I think of Dayton that's the first thing I think about. Expensive rent.

A good mugging must be a close second.

To be fair, NO ONE has actually ever been to Dayton, so this is all conjecture.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

@sheep_herder do you follow Aggie football?  If so, what do you think of our top 20 ranking?

No, not really, and I don't have a clue as to the rating.  I get caught up on the news when visiting on the phone with a former student that lives in Austin. He is my go to for cycling and Aggie football.

• Heart 2

22 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

No, not really, and I don't have a clue as to the rating.  I get caught up on the news when visiting on the phone with a former student that lives in Austin. He is my go to for cycling and Aggie football.

You better call him and find out what is up.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

That's exactly why I root for Washington State. Not because they are from my state because out in the Palouse, they've got nothing going for them. I mean nothing... at least in terms of the California eyes. @sheep_herder your opinion is muffled. Most 18yr old kids don't have your brain or wisdom. I suppose maybe a kid out of the Sacramento Valley but they are far and wide.