Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Razors Edge

College Football Outlook for 2019/2020?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That might be a VERY regional opinion. :whistle:

Those of us who have followed for years are a bit perplexed why they are getting so many national rankings and picks to win B1G west. I think they are a far better team than last year’s 4-8 team, but there are still a lot of question marks until they stated producing on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, groupw said:

Cornhuskers are the media darling right now. I am cautiously optimistic. Not sure I’m ready to buy tickets to Indianapolis, but I think they are going to Make some good noise. 

Corn who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Corn who?

The good news is that some Top 25 teams always lose in Week 1, so the non-ranked teams out there have a chance to get recognition in the Week 2 polls.  Sept 28th is their first full test, so they could definitely creep up the polls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'Huskers have a very talented QB that 'could' have a B1G breakout season.  They have a few other weapons and they have a coach that has a history of success building a program.  The 'Huskers might be coming into their own and a trip to Indy for the B1G conference championships would not surprise some people (even some people outside of Nebraska)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The 'Huskers have a very talented QB that 'could' have a B1G breakout season.  They have a few other weapons and they have a coach that has a history of success building a program.  The 'Huskers might be coming into their own and a trip to Indy for the B1G conference championships would not surprise some people (even some people outside of Nebraska) 

A rebalancing of the Big 10 divisions might be a good idea.  Seems super lopsided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Razors Edge said:

A rebalancing of the Big 10 divisions might be a good idea.  Seems super lopsided.

That happens when you split them in such a haphazard manner.  It makes no since to have the teams in the east play in the eastern division and the teams in the west play in the western division (don't let their stupid division names confuse the issue).

#sarcasmincaseyoumissedit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kzoo said:

That happens when you split them in such a haphazard manner.  It makes no since to have the teams in the east play in the eastern division and the teams in the west play in the western division (don't let their stupid division names confuse the issue).

#sarcasmincaseyoumissedit 

Are you being sarcastic????

Do you think they named the divisions first and sorted them second? Or vice versa?  If you stack most of the "good" teams in one group, and leave the other group packed with the "not so good" (ACC, SEC, Big 10, etc), it REALLY makes for sheotty conference championship play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are you being sarcastic????

Do you think they named the divisions first and sorted them second? Or vice versa?  If you stack most of the "good" teams in one group, and leave the other group packed with the "not so good" (ACC, SEC, Big 10, etc), it REALLY makes for sheotty conference championship play.

Welcome to the Big 10 The Ohio State Conference.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Welcome to the Big 10 The Ohio State Conference.

 

Do you think Georgia's big recruiting tool is their "We get a chance to play for the SEC championship every year?"  If they were stuck in Alabama's division, what would they use to get folks to come there instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Do you think Georgia's big recruiting tool is their "We get a chance to play for the SEC championship every year?"  If they were stuck in Alabama's division, what would they use to get folks to come there instead?

Yeah, Wisconsin can convince those 5 star recruits from Florida to come to Madison (the winter wonderland that it is) with the promise to play against The Ohio State Buckeyes in beautiful downtown Indianapolis every November.  Ask them how well that works out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kzoo said:

Yeah, Wisconsin can convince those 5 star recruits from Florida to come to Madison (the winter wonderland that it is) with the promise to play against The Ohio State Buckeyes in beautiful downtown Indianapolis every November.  Ask them how well that works out. 

Honestly, if I were a top/star recruit, I would have one school on my list - Hawaii.  After that, I'd settle for some SoCal hotspot or Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Honestly, if I were a top/star recruit, I would have one school on my list - Hawaii.  After that, I'd settle for some SoCal hotspot or Miami. 

Miami of Ohio is your 3rd pick?  You can room with Donk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 12string said:

Not sure I can help here.  I only use Outlook for email, I didn't know it also did College Football

Baaaaaaa!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

It WASN'T, but it is NOW!!!!

You're welcome.

And I'm sure Donk thanks me too.
 

#moresarcasm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

He's been looking for a roommate.  Rent is expensive in that town!

Yeah, when I think of Dayton that's the first thing I think about. Expensive rent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, when I think of Dayton that's the first thing I think about. Expensive rent.

 

A good mugging must be a close second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dottie said:
19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, when I think of Dayton that's the first thing I think about. Expensive rent.

 

A good mugging must be a close second.

To be fair, NO ONE has actually ever been to Dayton, so this is all conjecture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jsharr said:

@sheep_herder do you follow Aggie football?  If so, what do you think of our top 20 ranking?

No, not really, and I don't have a clue as to the rating.  I get caught up on the news when visiting on the phone with a former student that lives in Austin. He is my go to for cycling and Aggie football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

No, not really, and I don't have a clue as to the rating.  I get caught up on the news when visiting on the phone with a former student that lives in Austin. He is my go to for cycling and Aggie football.

You better call him and find out what is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, Wisconsin can convince those 5 star recruits from Florida to come to Madison (the winter wonderland that it is) with the promise to play against The Ohio State Buckeyes in beautiful downtown Indianapolis every November.  Ask them how well that works out.

 

That's exactly why I root for Washington State. Not because they are from my state because out in the Palouse, they've got nothing going for them. I mean nothing... at least in terms of the California eyes. @sheep_herder your opinion is muffled. Most 18yr old kids don't have your brain or wisdom. I suppose maybe a kid out of the Sacramento Valley but they are far and wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...