We need Chopped_Liver to be a guinea pig for this.

kingtermite

My son with Type-I was reading about growing healthy pancreases from stem cells in Europe.  I think he said Germany.

The only issue with this is the immune system will likely attack the beta cells again....and in a few years time, you become a diabetic again.

At least that's the last I heard about it (a while back, admittedly).  At one point, they were harvesting beta cells and transplanting them into the liver with limited success due to the immune system issue.

The only issue with this is the immune system will likely attack the beta cells again....and in a few years time, you become a diabetic again.

At least that's the last I heard about it (a while back, admittedly).  At one point, they were harvesting beta cells and transplanting them into the liver with limited success due to the immune system issue.

Even traditionally human grown transplanted pancreas have rejection issues.  My son felt watching his diet and reasonably regular light exercise along with insulin was preferable to the anti-organ rejection regiment.