Does this annoy you?

ChrisL

It doesn't "bother" me, but it does seem a bit foolish from a driving safety and animal safety perspective.

I had one of my cats loose in the car many years ago before we had a cat carrier.  Anyway, mid-drive to the vet, he decided being up under the gas & brake pedals was the logical place to be. ? Yeah, that was a fun situation to sort out while driving.

• Haha 1

I would take my dog with me on trips to the transfer station. It's about 2 miles of country road. She would get very excited and want to be on my lap. If she wouldn't get off, I would pull into the driveway and push her out and drive away. Didn't take her long to figure out she only got to ride if she stayed in her seat!

48 minutes ago, groupw said:

I would take my dog with me on trips to the transfer station. It's about 2 miles of country road. She would get very excited and want to be on my lap. If she wouldn't get off, I would pull into the driveway and push her out and drive away. Didn't take her long to figure out she only got to ride if she stayed in her seat!

Jack knows the deal, back seat only.  Sometimes we’ll tell him to “come with” so he knows car ride but will get in the drivers seat?  Poor dog is too dumb to figure out we can’t drive with him there so we have to move him.

My Aussie was so smart she knew the difference between “back seat” and “way back” on our Jeep.  Usually I told her way back and she’d go to the back. Sometimes the kids wanted her with them so I’d tell her “back seat” and she’s hop over & nestle between them.

I ever tell you my Aussie was amazing... miss her every day.

• Heart 1

Your picture shows the dog much clearer than mine!

But as to dogs in cars, yeah, it annoys me when I see someone with the dog in their lap or hanging out the window.

Probably the same people that call them fur babies and advocate for animal rights and protest zoos for shooting gorilllas that get loose and kill people.

As long as they are driving slowly  thru the park it is  ok with me.I seen  the same scene this morning while I was taking a break in our local park.I have seen it while riding  down backroads ....what bothers me is people on cell phones going 60mph with their eyes on the phone and not on the road.