Grammatically incorrect

Square Wheels

Interesting, as you made me look this up.  I have probably been incorrect in its usage in the past.

To say something is grammatically incorrect would be like saying it is “right wrong” or “correct incorrect”. The term ungrammatical, on the other hand, suggests the phrase/word is not grammatical or does not follow the rules of grammar.

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

You probably hear grammatically incorrect more than ungrammatical, but to keep it simple try to avoid adverbs. 

Thankfully, and we can credit the "kids" with this change, grammar is going the way of the dodo.  "Our" ways of doing things are soon to be forgotten. Kids don't put up with our old school nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Thankfully, and we can credit the "kids" with this change, grammar is going the way of the dodo.  "Our" ways of doing things are soon to be forgotten. Kids don't put up with our old school nonsense.

Maybe, but their abbreviated spelling, a result of texting is sometimes confusing.

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Maybe, but their abbreviated spelling, a result of texting is sometimes confusing.

Not to them.  We're not really their target audience, and they think they can outlast us.

I recently heard they find punctuation to be aggressive!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I’m unconvinced. This may be true for informal digital communication and situations where meaning is carried at a primarily phonological level (like the names of trendy eateries), but the breadth of print, online, audio, and video discourse I read is conventional.