Custom tags please

Dottleshead

So, there are "custom" tags, and there are "more" predefined tags.  Custom would let us put in whatever we want, more would just expand the choices for me :D

At the old LF, "Balls" was a popular tag.  And they had one of the cool visualizations where the more popular a tag, the larger the font size of that word.

Anyway, we certainly could use more or different tags, but likewise, ignoring "Intelligent" posts, you'd only get one or two tagged threads a day.  Not really the point of tags, in that case.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

There are two types of tags, one I add through the admin options that you can then select, and ones you can just type in.  I had to turn that off as it was clear you (the collective you) cannot be trusted.

"Trusted" is over-rated. I guess having "open" tags, but NOT displaying them alongside the thread title, but still allowing them to be searched & filtered is more traditional.  Our current way of having it shown next to the title drives some folks nuts, and is generally a bit of a bonus to the rest of us.