Are we all just lonely folks? Why do you post?

Dottleshead

We share thoughts from a distance from a computer, and many of us spend a lot of time here. I know many are on the road and many that like the companionship. Do you do it because you are missing something in your life? Do you do it because you are a social misfit? Do you do it because you don't have time for the real thing? Maybe just fill in the cracks during free time?  Why, God Almighty, why do you post!??

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I am cool here unlike the real world.  You pretend to like me better

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

I won't be fooled. You never were cool. ?

I lied jsharr.  You're cool.  Even if you are a total dud in person -- and I sorta expect that -- you are the cog in this place that others feed off of.  That is, if they aren't laughing too hard.

IRL, I don't talk a lot, especially with people I am not close with.  It takes me time to formulate what I want to say, and often the moment has passed, or I speak too softly and need to repeat it.  So, I can go all day sometimes without saying anything other than good morning, hi, etc.  But it's not that I don't have anything to say.  Also, some more sensitive topics i might have trouble discussing with people IRL, but with the anonymity of the internet, I can open up more.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

32 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I lied jsharr.  You're cool.  Even if you are a total dud in person -- and I sorta expect that -- you are the cog in this place that others feed off of.  That is, if they aren't laughing too hard.

They are laughing at me, not with me, right?  

57 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You guys help lessen my stress. 

This.  I have been corresponding all day with our CEO, securities attorney, our auditor and our accountant going over MD&A for our quarterly filng with the SEC that was due today.  Also had to file a late notice with the SEC since we did not file today.

And drafting issuance instructions for stock and drafting an offer letter for a new hire and doing my normal daily stuff.  I have to stop often and do something mindless or I will scream.

Last night about 10 minutes before the last Fedex drop off, the CEO called me from California needing red lines of some documents from our broker dealer.  So I am scrambling to compile and print the documents, prepare the FedEx stuff and get it downstairs.  Made it with minutes to spare and then FedEx did not pick up until 15 minutes after their deadline...  Docs made it to Cali in time.

But today I issued some stock wrong, due to very unclear instructions from the CEO and now I have to fix "my" screw up....

Did I mention I want to scream?

Oh and my son wants me to drive with him to East Texas to borrow a car from my parents until we buy him a car.  Which means 4 more hours on top of an already long day.

Image result for the scream

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

51 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This.  I have been corresponding all day with our CEO, securities attorney, our auditor and our accountant going over MD&A for our quarterly filng with the SEC that was due today.  Also had to file a late notice with the SEC since we did not file today.

And drafting issuance instructions for stock and drafting an offer letter for a new hire and doing my normal daily stuff.  I have to stop often and do something mindless or I will scream.

Last night about 10 minutes before the last Fedex drop off, the CEO called me from California needing red lines of some documents from our broker dealer.  So I am scrambling to compile and print the documents, prepare the FedEx stuff and get it downstairs.  Made it with minutes to spare and then FedEx did not pick up until 15 minutes after their deadline...  Docs made it to Cali in time.

But today I issued some stock wrong, due to very unclear instructions from the CEO and now I have to fix "my" screw up....

Did I mention I want to scream?

Oh and my son wants me to drive with him to East Texas to borrow a car from my parents until we buy him a car.  Which means 4 more hours on top of an already long day.

Image result for the scream

Well, if it means anything, I get to bus an hour south and meet up with my sister to check out an Adult Family Home for my father immediately after work.  I then get to catch a bus back to the city and then transfer to a bus another hour north to home.

Best news?  I get to repeat it tomorrow as well as repeat it all with my wife on Saturday.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

IRL, I don't talk a lot, especially with people I am not close with.  It takes me time to formulate what I want to say, and often the moment has passed, or I speak too softly and need to repeat it.  So, I can go all day sometimes without saying anything other than good morning, hi, etc.  But it's not that I don't have anything to say.  Also, some more sensitive topics i might have trouble discussing with people IRL, but with the anonymity of the internet, I can open up more.

You were a chattier Cathy at the LF, what happened?

31 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I started at the Bicycling Forum in the Pro Cycling forum.   I was just getting interested in cycling and some of the posters were very helpful learning about the strategy of the sport.   While hanging out there, I started looking at the Love Forum and eventually posted.  I like the fact that there are a variety of people with different interests and experiences.  In my real life I'd never meet a bon vivant pilot, an awesome schralper, caring school admin, a man who could transport organs, a sheep herder with impressive artistic skills, a Greenville enthusiast with an appreciation for 70's culture , a petite Adventurer and people with the wide range of skills and interests we have here.

I find the different points of view and experiences interesting and I've seen how the people here can come together with heart and spirit for a good cause.  Plus sometimes I laugh out loud at the posts.

Plus it can help keep me sane during a long work day.

She said it better than I ever could, this.

7 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I used to post 100% for entertainment but today I post almost more for the camaraderie. But entertainment is up there as well. I'd say it's about 50-50 now. I have a lot of stuff going on in my life and my world is shrinking. So it's good to have virtual friends if nothing else.

How about you focus MORE on entertaining US, and less on your own pleasure?