Do you think this will be ready?

Airehead

Just now, maddmaxx said:

No.  I'm betting that the HVAC isnt even installed yet.

HVAC is in. Running water. Electric. 

I realize picture 2 is misleading because I did not explain. That is the start of an expansion but we haven’t even opened the first part. Today the project manager told me we would get certificate of occupancy on August 24. Then state ed has to approve. We have a strong plan Between 

98860CD1-5278-4405-A441-9BCCB462DD4C.jpeg

02E03F0F-E19D-4CE7-964F-E6F43D894FC8.jpeg

D11635CC-91A9-4C1B-987B-68B8F4DC270C.jpeg

A253BE08-DD14-485C-BC58-5180D2F2834A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

An I'm guessing they don't have LDs either.

I don’t even think I know what LD is?

flooring is not all down. Sinks and toilets are mostly not in. Electric switches aren’t all in. IT starts tomorrow to do their finish work, wires are pulled. 

47 minutes ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

The first 80% of a project like that usually moves along nicely... what is considered the final 20% often takes as long or longer

Not what I wanted to hear. Please lie to me. Ps-  I think that is exactly what has happened. 

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Did you hire @Dottie to build this?

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Not this time. 

You've got this all wrong.  All I do is farm stuff out.  In Aire's case, I'll be sure not to hire my friend as he tends to run over budget. If you want anything faster, there's a substantial cost for that.

• Heart 2

17 hours ago, Zealot said:

Take it from someone who has been a project manager for over 20 years now - probably. It’ll be turned over for beneficial occupancy, but final inspection and commissioning will still be going on...

This.  Having not seen the interior, I suspect yes, with some clean up work to follow.  They will be gone by Thanksgiving. ;) 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Airehead said:

New school construction. I am supposed to have kids her after Labor Day. 

Don't you folks have a ready supply of "portables" at the ready?  Who needs brick and mortar when trailers do the job just fine!

I would be interested in knowing how you guys go about building new schools?  Around here, it seems like everyone is different, while it sort of seems like it would make a whole lot of sense to have one or two elementary school floor plans, a middle school template, and a high school template.  Any new school would be just like the last new one of its type built, and all the lessons learned would be applicable to the new build. Estimates and build times would also be more accurate (and reduced).

• Heart 3

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't you folks have a ready supply of "portables" at the ready?  Who needs brick and mortar when trailers do the job just fine!

I would be interested in knowing how you guys go about building new schools?  Around here, it seems like everyone is different, while it sort of seems like it would make a whole lot of sense to have one or two elementary school floor plans, a middle school template, and a high school template.  Any new school would be just like the last new one of its type built, and all the lessons learned would be applicable to the new build. Estimates and build times would also be more accurate (and reduced).

This is the template for two more.  

• Heart 2

On 8/14/2019 at 4:16 PM, Airehead said:

I am supposed to have kids her after Labor Day.

I wish we started after Labor Day. My kids started this week and my students start next week.  

The one building project I was a part of had us open with plastic sheets as doors and the entire junior high wing still under construction.  

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jdc2000 said:

The kids can help install the drywall.

The kids aren't going to be learning much because the siders will be hammering on the exterior. Looks like metal siding? That makes a big racket going on

@2Far can show the kids how to use the drywall buckets as toilets  #notkidding

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, Dottie said:

You've got this all wrong.  All I do is farm stuff out.  In Aire's case, I'll be sure not to hire my friend as he tends to run over budget. If you want anything faster, there's a substantial cost for that.

If she wants to build it out of witty replies, no one works faster than me, and I am a cheap date.