The new project engineer who started on Monday?

2Far

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Quit this morning.

Flighty Clemson grad.

Said "It wasn't a good fit."

(Not surprised, they stuck him in an office with nothing to do since Monday afternoon. They waited until he showed up to order his email addy & computer. We are the epitome of Dunning-Kruger.)

You should have invited him to join us here to fill his free time.  I can set up an email address in outlook in about 2 minutes and have a computer here in an hour or so.  I actually have three spare all in ones in the office and one decent Dell laptop.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Quit this morning.

Flighty Clemson grad.

Said "It wasn't a good fit."

(Not surprised, they stuck him in an office with nothing to do since Monday afternoon. They waited until he showed up to order his email addy & computer. We are the epitome of Dunning-Kruger.)

Likely met you and realized the position wasn't a good fit!

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jsharr said:

I can set up an email address in outlook in about 2 minutes and have a computer here in an hour or so.  I actually have three spare all in ones in the office and one decent Dell laptop.

We used to be able to do that , but with the new masters, everything is awesome (because they keep telling us that it is)

I did acquaint him with my Alaphant, maybe he took exception.

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

We used to be able to do that , but with the new masters, everything is awesome (because they keep telling us that it is)

I did acquaint him with my Alaphant, maybe he took exception.

Is that a Clemson grad under the raised front foot?  Sort of orange colored, no?

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Good for the kid. He saw and smelled a pile of crap and left. The thing he doesn't know yet is most of them are piles of crap. He just doesn't know it yet.

Ah, the naivete of the n00b!  He thinks a "job" ought to be "fun" and "fulfilling"!  Sucker!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

48 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Surprised he didn't hold out for a severance package.

If he was in CA he’d file for unemployment and would get it.  We’re a very employee friendly state....

My wife is on her 4th VP of sales in the last year & half.  The owner is a really good dude but somewhat ADD and is an inventor, not a sales person.  His expectations are so ridiculous they figure out they are in a no win situation and blow out within a few months...

• Heart 3