Collecting

Zealot

Do you collect anything? I collect several things. But my biggest addiction is hats. I have so many. I have many in boxes in my closet, but I try to keep the ones I like best and wear the most displayed on racks.  

I jus bought this one:

643AAEF0-DC88-479D-83E7-F02AF62195B6.jpeg.c1fc2f78bcca7ccd881f5c3ca463f12c.jpeg

E742CA81-9CDE-41C0-AFD1-44BC81EE54DF.jpeg.830df555fee055e6d59121538f0c8309.jpeg

Nothing special, got it cheap. But I love the whiskey coloring of the leather.

I need an intervention...

• Heart 3

11 hours ago, Zealot said:

Do you collect anything? I collect several things. But my biggest addiction is hats. I have so many. I have many in boxes in my closet, but I try to keep the ones I like best and wear the most displayed on racks.  

I jus bought this one:

643AAEF0-DC88-479D-83E7-F02AF62195B6.jpeg.c1fc2f78bcca7ccd881f5c3ca463f12c.jpeg

E742CA81-9CDE-41C0-AFD1-44BC81EE54DF.jpeg.830df555fee055e6d59121538f0c8309.jpeg

Nothing special, got it cheap. But I love the whiskey coloring of the leather.

I need an intervention...

"By order of the Peaky Blinders"

For me it is coats.  I really had to stop.  I have three Pea Coats alone hanging in my closet

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

"By order of the Peaky Blinders"

For me it is coats.  I really had to stop.  I have three Pea Coats alone hanging in my closet

I like coats as well. I find myself purchasing different costs to match my hats!  My wife thinks I’m nuts. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Zealot said:

Awesome!  I collect patches.  They go on a coat!   

Yeah - patches would be cool on a backpack.  I guess we also collect magnets for the fridge, and Christmas tree ornaments.  :)

Small stuff is key. Even nicer if it can't collect dust.  We have a ton of books in the library, but we are seriously restricting the growth these days.  A bit of "one in, one out" nowadays.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I missed all of that. I don’t recall him having a hat collection... ?

I think it was headed up by Florida Yankee by private group message on Facebook. It might have been airhead. He had new hats coming in every day for weeks. I figured he had more practical hats than he would ever need so I sent him an octopus hat. He posted some photos on the forum of himself wearing the hats.

• Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, Chris... said:

44517F22-DA44-47F1-BB3B-7BCA7174C181.jpeg

Cameras like that worth anything? Photography was my dads hobby and when my mom passed his darkroom was pretty much left alone for 40 years.  I took several old cameras like those mainly because nobody wanted them but I have no clue if they are worth anything.

Numismatics. I collect coins. I get the US Mint's annual uncirculated and proof sets plus any other coins that I like such as the recent baseball coin.

I'm also on the lookout for the new 2019 W mint marked quarters. Donkpow helped me with finding one.

If I find a wheatie penny, that makes my day. Same goes for any nickels older than me.

• Heart 1

I collected aviation trinkets for years.  Uniform wings from all over the world, uniform buttons and cigarette lighters, etc.  I donated it all to an aviation museum to clear the clutter.  I only miss a large bronze commemorative coin that was issued when Lindbergh crossed the Atlantic.   Probably should have kept it. 

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Cameras like that worth anything? Photography was my dads hobby and when my mom passed his darkroom was pretty much left alone for 40 years.  I took several old cameras like those mainly because nobody wanted them but I have no clue if they are worth anything.

I paid around $10 each for mine on e-bay

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - patches would be cool on a backpack.  I guess we also collect magnets for the fridge, and Christmas tree ornaments.  :)

Small stuff is key. Even nicer if it can't collect dust.  We have a ton of books in the library, but we are seriously restricting the growth these days.  A bit of "one in, one out" nowadays.

We collect the date stamps into our Passport book, too. I had been collecting magnets. Eventually, they took over the fridge, so I moved them to a magnet board that hangs in the study. But we ran out of space there, so I stopped collecting magnets. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Ah gotcha... Maybe I’ll give them to a collector...

My father in law had a lot of old cameras. I don’t think he was a collector, they were just his old cameras that he never threw away when he bought a new one.. I didn’t throw any of them away yet either but probably we will when MIL passes or sells the property. I suspected they were not valuable.

9 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I wonder what became of Stuck’s hat collection. Who remembers when we all sent him hats after he lost his hair during cancer treatments?

He really loved that and appreciated it too. I am glad we did it. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

My father in law had a lot of old cameras. I don’t think he was a collector, they were just his old cameras that he never threw away when he bought a new one.. I didn’t throw any of them away yet either but probably we will when MIL passes or sells the property. I suspected they were not valuable.

My dad hung oot in the town barbershop where the proprietor in his 90s had shelves of old cameras and the pics to go with them.  The barber recently had to pack it in and move oot - a sad day.  Definitely Floyd from Mayberry, :D

• Heart 2

I collect medical equipment by accident from each bike crash I’ve had. I have crutches, a grabber, a sock tool, shower chair, adult potty chair, cryopneumatic shoulder brace, and multiple arm slings of many different types.

My wife is trying to beat me in her collection. She has an aluminum walker with no wheels, a wheelie walker with a seat, a cane, a wheelchair, and as of tonight a chairlift for getting up the stairs.

• Sad 1