My son totally burned me

jsharr

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So we are in my car and a song comes on that I like, so I am singing along.

Wade asks me "Who sings this song?' and I replied with the artists name.  Probably Jimmy Buffett.

to which he replies "Yeah, let's keep it that way"

All i could do was laugh!  

Apparently he did it to Martha as well and she tried it on me as we were watching tv and a good song came on.  Could have been in pitch perfect.

Sad part is I fell for it again!  

That's a classic burn.  Kids need new ones, not recycled ones, but it still would make me chuckle!

Just now, Razors Edge said:

That's a classic burn.  Kids need new ones, not recycled ones, but it still would make me chuckle!

I had never heard it and I am no slouch at being a smart ass.   My mom would call me brother and I smart asses or dumb asses, depending on what we had done wrong this time.  One day my brother asked her for clarification as we was confused if we were dumb asses or smart asses.  Yes, my dumbass brother is a smartass.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Feckers!  My son has a quick wit and razor sharp tongue. He’s gotten me more times than I care to admit...

This just means we have done our job as fathers.  Sort of like when they fart in the car and you have to roll down the windows and act pissed but inside you are proud!

• Haha 1