Techfidera - Update

Dirtyhip

The side effects continue.  Nausea and flushing can be annoying.  This has been hindering my riding.  Also, eating is just meh now.  I am losing motivation. Depressing.

I was so red last night. It looked like I was in the sun too long.  Like, my whole body was red..  

If it's still going on after this much time, isn't time to say "not working"?

This much time being about a month.  I read that the side effects lessen in time for most people.  Some had to quit the drug over these issues.  I only started full dose about 2 weeks ago. 

Sorry the side effects are still there....are they diminishing at all?

Yes.  I am not poopin my brains out anymore, and the nausea seems to be mellowing out.  I don't want to take more meds for the nausea.  Those have more fun side effects like tiredness, and many other foul things.

This much time being about a month.  I read that the side effects lessen in time for most people.  Some had to quit the drug over these issues.  I only started full dose about 2 weeks ago. 

I would think a few weeks would be more than enough. No?

Yes.  I am not poopin my brains out anymore, and the nausea seems to be mellowing out.  I don't want to take more meds for the nausea.  Those have more fun side effects like tiredness, and many other foul things.

If it's lessening, maybe it won't last too much longer?

I tried a diabetes medication called byetta once.....even the low dose made me so nauseous I would throw up half the time.  When they tried to move me to the higher dose, I lost about 5lbs in a week, cause nothing would stay down.

If it's lessening, maybe it won't last too much longer?

I tried a diabetes medication called byetta once.....even the low dose made me so nauseous I would throw up half the time.  When they tried to move me to the higher dose, I lost about 5lbs in a week, cause nothing would stay down.

Well, I did need to lose a couple pounds.   ;)

I really feel for you on the flushing. My doctor was trying to get me to take niacin to lower my cholestoral and I had a sever reaction. It was supposed to lessen over time as I built up a tollerence to it. I was never able to. I once had to stand in a cold shower for almost 2 hours because I felt like I was burning up from the inside. I was beet-red from head to toe. My reaction has worsened over time. I can't even take a multi-vitimin with out reacting now.