Oregon Timber Trail

Zealot

13 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Where is the AC?  Where is the big griddle?  What about the big canopy?  And there is no beer cooler.  Someone doesn't know shit about camping!

Door is open.

Griddle is in the camper.

Larger tarp in bike gear.

Beer is in the water getting chilled.

Now shut up and get to camping. ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zealot said:

Thought he was Pacific Northwest; Washington State?

Day ride those portions or bikepack any of it?

Oregon timbertrail is not in Washington state. Lol. Oregon.

Actually, you can start in my town.

I don't bike pack it.  I have rode sections of it, but I ride it fast without a bunch of crap on my bike. All of the trail is near good camping with our comfy camper. There is no need to drag a tent on my bike. A bike loaded is a bike that is a whole bunch of non fun to ride. No thanks. The trail is epic though. 

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes, I knew that.  Oregon and Washington are neighbor states. Hence my ‘neck of the woods comment’.  I posted a Virginia trail though I live in West Virginia.  It’s an east coast thing, I guess.

20 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Yes, I knew that.  Oregon and Washington are neighbor states. Hence my ‘neck of the woods comment’.  I posted a Virginia trail though I live in West Virginia.  It’s an east coast thing, I guess.

It was just funny. Scrapr and I are closest to it on the forum.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Actually, you can start in my town.

I don't bike pack it.  I have rode sections of it, but I ride it fast without a bunch of crap on my bike. All of the trail is near good camping with our comfy camper. There is no need to drag a tent on my bike. A bike loaded is a bike that is a whole bunch of non fun to ride. No thanks. The trail is epic though. 

So you're saying that you could do "my type" of camping and still ride the trail?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zealot said:

The older I get, the greater that appeal. Though I haven’t done it yet.  Looking at buying a camper for a trip next year for a family get together in the Smokies.

I tell ya what....

I have been through boot camp and field medical school.  I have completed an iron man.  I worked in a busy ER for 6 years.   I spent 10 years flying around in small planes in the middle of the night transporting and procuring organs. 

I am done proving to myself how tough I am.  It's time to take it easy!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

So you're saying that you could do "my type" of camping and still ride the trail?

Totally, you can. Come out. I will show you. Hell, we 1would go with you and show you the kick free camp sites close to the trail but away from everyone.

When we retire we could do the whole thing in sections with you...

very comfy lodging and gourmet food and drink. The Oakridge section is tits.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Totally, you can. Come out. I will show you. Hell, we 1would go with you and show you the kick free camp sites close to the trail but away from everyone.

When we retire we could do the whole thing in sections with you...

very comfy lodging and gourmet food and drink. The Oakridge section is tits.

That sounds so dope! 

Just now, Parr8hed said:

I tell ya what....

I have been through boot camp and field medical school.  I have completed an iron man.  I worked in a busy ER for 6 years.   I spent 10 years flying around in small planes in the middle of the night transporting and procuring organs. 

Rest well and ride hard after a nice breakfast. Then recover well.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I tell ya what....

I’ve my share of military and civilian ‘tough guy’ exploits as well.  And while honestly I still want to prove to myself what I am capable of, it’s just - for me.  I will eventually have to succumb to aging. Hell this shoulder replacement is proof of that. But it is not this day.

And @Parr8hed, truthfully I enjoy the ’toughing it’ things. It’s part of who I am.

Live and let live, brother. ?

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I’ve my share of military and civilian ‘tough guy’ exploits as well.  And while honestly I still want to prove to myself what I am capable of, it’s just - for me.  I will eventually have to succumb to aging. Hell this shoulder replacement is proof of that. But it is not this day.

And @Parr8hed, truthfully I enjoy the ’toughing it’ things. It’s part of who I am.

Live and let live, brother. ?

FF216921-065C-46ED-A6A3-9118656EEE7D.thumb.jpeg.fc6fe3b81173dd74d5daa218230d817c.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Small, used, good deal- pop up style, most likely. ?

We loved our little hybrid camper.  It was relatively cheap, easy to tow and pretty roomy for what you got.  The only thing about it was that set up/take down took a bit.  This is all good if you are there to relax, camp and just have a good time.  But all too often we are just using ours as a hotel on wheels.  Rolling into a campground late because you have an early am game.  Leaving early since you'll be at the ballpark all day.  Set up/take down time is at a minimum and the travel trailer works better for us.  I'll see if I can drag up a pic.  If if were just me wanting to camp, ride bikes, etc. I would have another hybrid in a heartbeat. 

• Heart 1

In my opinion hybrids offer the best of all worlds.  Best of a tent (sleeping under canvas) best of a pop-up (small size, easy to maneuver) and best of a travel trailer (full sized kitchen, shower, toilet, hook ups, etc). 

The only downsides are less interior room, set up and take down time and of course the fact that a bear can rip the tent end and eat your face off. 

• Haha 1