Gourmet food trucks

maddmaxx

Went to the market to buy some meat for next week and stopped for lunch at the food truck park at the local brewery.  I just had a Philly cheese steak that was possibly the best I ever had.  Of course it's good.  $40 for lunch from a truck for 3 people had better be good.  And it was all washed down with a cider from the brewery.

• Heart 3

The best food in Chincoteague comes from the take out joints, which are basically a food truck with flat tires.

If you think about it, the sit down restaurants are renting a seat, they have to turn the seats over and rent them out as many times as possible to make money. The food is the hook to get you in, but they want to get you out as fast as possible.

The take out joint is selling food, if the food isn't good they don't get customers, but, they have unlimited 'seating' if the wait is an hour you can wander away and do something, come back when the food is ready and enjoy.

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I do not think I have ever had one.  I feel like I am missing out

You are... Cheesesteakes vary from meh to devine.  An authentic one is something you will remember forever.  I had to get them “wid” but they are good either way.

• Heart 1

There was a guy in the area that did voodoo magic with cheese steak, his spice mix, and the way he cut the steak and mixed in the cheese....:hapydance:

He and his wife were a bit sketchy, they opened 3 restaurants over about 4 years then split for California.

I don't know the circumstances of all the moves...but the guy could cook