Ritz Carlton lunch?

Dirtyhip

34 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes please.

Do you think they will serve me in dusty MTB gear?

Must be a good deal at lunch.

As long as one doesn't get the seating upholstery dusty/dirty. Or use the washroom lst.

I'm saying this as someone who has family members working in the restaurant industry over the decades.

16 minutes ago, wilbur said:

In the US?  In NA, we have low standards for clothing and dirty is fine.

We do tend to be far more casual than various European countries. Certainly more casual than in big Japanese cities.

What we probably forget is that for women in NA, we tend to consider halter tops, camisoles, crop tops, etc. as the norm now.  It's not..in Thailand, etc. among the local women.  Not in Japan...for sure!  It was highly noticeable to me....

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

There is a Ritz Carleton on the beach down my way.  I went to a wedding there once and lots of Sandy people in flip flops & bathing suites walking around.

Going to classical music concert or opera in big cities in North America at $60.00+ per ticket....means nowadays half of the audience is dressed casual. While a few there's some woman here and there is an off-shoulder satiny dress.  It looks abit out of place nowadays.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

So I ordered a lunch there. 

Pulled pork Sammie. Should be simple and nice, right? So the price is very high $30, so I think it should be good.

First red flag is that they bring it out in like 5 seconds. This tells me...pre made. The bun is soggy. The coke is warm. They want to rectify this with ice. I took one bite of that mess and decided that I would not subject myself to gross food.

In the first time in 20+ years, I walked up and asked for my money back. 

Wow - that is amazing that they think they can get away with that.  Don;t they value their big name?  Sheesh!

• Sad 1

Sorry your fancy lunch didn't turn out to be a good meal,  but glad you were able to leave and get a wonderful meal with an interesting experience.  You should try to leave a review for Petra on Trip Advisor or one of the review sites.  it's nice to recognize people who go out of their way and do a good job!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Sorry your fancy lunch didn't turn out to be a good meal,  but glad you were able to leave and get a wonderful meal with an interesting experience.  You should try to leave a review for Petra on Trip Advisor or one of the review sites.  it's nice to recognize people who go out of their way and do a good job!

Already done

• Awesome 2