Comedians

Airehead

I loved Wanda Sykes routine about letting the house get so messy, and also aboot how women are always judging men. I like most that I see. I used to watch Comedy Central a lot, now I hardly ever do. I like Jeff Foxworthy, Ron White (you cant fix stupid), Lewis  Black, Larry the cable guy, etc.  Of course for classics George Carlin was cool, as was Rodney. Going waaay back, I really liked Jack Benny. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Greg Hahn is a rapid fire joke teller. You’re probably still laughing at his last joke while trying to process the next one. 

Brad Williams - I have not heard his standup, but he was on Bob and Tom last week and was hilarious!

I agree on Heywood Banks. 

Drew Hastings is a great storyteller. 

Steven Wright is still great. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan come to mind.  I'll listen to the comedy channels sometimes on sirius.  There are a number of routines like, but I rarely remember any of the specific names.

Both of these are great. I can't see a Hot Pack in the store without hearing Jim Gaffigan's voice. He has some really good. family friendly stuff.

• Heart 2

It's funny :D how, if I actually go to a stand-up show, I'm still laughing regardless of the talent.  A true pro can make it look effortless, but even the undercard comedians often are memorably funny.  I also used to watch the short lived "Last Comic Standing" series, which was enlightening in some respects to see total n00bs, mid-level talent, and headliners all get some air time, and reveal a bit of the "real" personality plus how they came up with material.  Also, the "panel" and guest mentors (like Wanda Sykes!) could really watch a set, break it down, and offer some good pointers to improve things.

There really are too many funny comedians to list.

I will give a HUGE shout out to "The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling".  A great documentary with a lot of "what makes a great comedian" insight (for his type of comedy).  Really a wonderful doc, and makes you wish there were similar for all the funny folks we have lost over the years - from Robin Williams, Richard Pryor, Chris Farley, John Belushi, John Candy (the actor/comedians) to folks like Andy Kaufman, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, or Jonathon Winters.

I just google top stand up comedians, and even a crappy "clickbait" list has an INSANE line-up. 

It's a shame "comedy" gets really no radio time, is pretty dumbed down on TV, and is relegated mostly to "specials".  A thousand times over I would rather watch a stand up comedy variety show than almost any sitcom.

And, from Amazon: