Movies that shocked you.

Wilbur

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Me neither.  I was thinking it was going to be a good movie, not what it was.

It was a good movie, just not what I thought it was going to be based on the few commercials I had watched.

I watch it every few years.  Lots of great lines in that movie.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Zephyr said:

The movie "Inception" was a movie I kept discussing and talking about after I saw it.  It was one of those "Wait...., What just happened?" movie endings

The Travolta movie Michael and the movie Powder were like that for me.   Angels or Aliens I do not believe we are alone and I wonder how it would work out if a celestial being walked amongst us.

There is a film made in New Zealand called "Once we were warriors" which I found profoundly shocking. It showed the tensions and divisions amongst the Maori people and their attempt to cling on to their traditions in the face of modern-day pressures.

• Heart 1

Around 1974, The Exorcist came out and about 10 of us IIT students jumped on a Chicago elevated train one night and went to a downtown movie theater to see it.

When the movie ended, hundreds of people - including us - filed out in complete, shocked silence.  We hardly spoke on the train back to IIT.  A coed named Barbara - who later became a medical doctor and had a career at the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta - had the prescription: "Oh shit, that was scary! Mick and I will jump in his car when we get back, pick up a couple cases of beer, and meet you back at his dorm room."

That beer was necessary for getting a good night's sleep!

• Heart 2