Quite A Few Folks Are Trolling

Razors Edge

12 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...if you don't have a smart phone in preschool, how in hell are you supposed to get into a good college ?

Guess my daughter is screwed.  She just has an Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet.  Of course with her speech issues, she's hard enough to understand face to face, a phone would be impossible.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Guess my daughter is screwed.  She just has an Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet.  Of course with her speech issues, she's hard enough to understand face to face, a phone would be impossible.

I think the graph is pretty accurate in that as kids become more responsible and doing things away from mom & dad they get the phones.  

My kids were in the 12-15 bucket when we got them phones.

50 minutes ago, Indy said:

Does she use a voice app on her tablet? #2 son has one to help with ordering in restaurants and making transit reservations.

21 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Does she use a voice app on her tablet? #2 son has one to help with ordering in restaurants and making transit reservations.

No, and it wouldn't help her as her problem is she really doesn't even have a clue how to make the sounds for hard consonants.  But on the plus side, we finally taught her to some what spit.  It's amazing what you take for granted when you are just able to do stuff without thinking about it.

Tablets are good for reading/playing.

High, Middle and even Elementary School kids without a laptop - or access whenever they need it to a home desktop - are at a disadvantage to other students.

Mobile Phones are an excellent way to track kids - where they go after school, etc.

2 hours ago, Indy said:

...however your daughter turns out, (and she will doubtless turn out pretty well,) there will come a time when it's your fault.  I don't know what it will be, or when it will be, but my advice is to just accept it and apologize. :) 

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Kids dont use phones to actually call people.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

No, and it wouldn't help her as her problem is she really doesn't even have a clue how to make the sounds for hard consonants.  But on the plus side, we finally taught her to some what spit.  It's amazing what you take for granted when you are just able to do stuff without thinking about it.

Right? 

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...however your daughter turns out, (and she will doubtless turn out pretty well,) there will come a time when it's your fault.  I don't know what it will be, or when it will be, but my advice is to just accept it and apologize. :) 

Well this is like saying the sky is blue or water is wet...?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

Time came when she was born.  Based on my peculiar injury history, I am the source of hyper mobility legitimate issue, which he attributed as the cause of her cleft.

Apparently according to him, it's not normal for people's shoulders to just fall out of place, then be able to put them back in place and be fine until they do it again randomly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Phone is more and more of an anachronism or misnomer. I loved it when an old lady called a cell phone a telephone on a tv show . :D

My mom pre & post stroke would always be amazed that my work people knew I was at her house!?!!   

I’d be checking up on her at say 3 PM and I get a work call on my cell.  I take the call and afterwards: How did they know you were here and not at work?  Oh I told them before I left....  Oh ya ok...

What the hell else could I say?!?!

• Heart 1

When my kids grew up, they accused us of using the TV to babysit them. "THUNDER CATS HO!" Today their kids lay on the floor with smart phones and tablets. KIds today learn early how to use electronics. I found I finally had to lock my phone and laptop so my 4 year old (at the time) granddaughter wouldn't replace my screen pictures with pics of her making cute faces.