When Is A Porsche Not A Porsche?

Razors Edge

I gotta say, the story leading up to the auction was interesting enough with the whole "is a Porsche, isn't a Porsche" debate.  However, the hilarious "Dutch accent fucked up the sale" is TOO FUNNY.

A one-of-its-kind 1939 Porsche-badged sports car that was expected to sell for at least $20 million over the weekend flopped on the auction block after a series of miscommunications.

RM Sotheby's in Monterey, Calif., shut down the sale for the Type 64 sports car Saturday when it did not reach the minimum price required by the seller. The lot closed after a misinterpretation over the amounts of the bids. Bids of $13 million, $14 million and $17 million were erroneously listed as $30 million, $40 million and $70 million.

Honestly, how many times have you asked someone to repeat a number since you couldn't discern the "-ty" vs the "-teen" nuance?  Especially with an accent, "fifteen" can easily sound like "fifty". :D

It ain't a Porsche, but it is a Porsche.

image.png.efeec4c47406f3184d72dee124084a73.png

• Heart 1

I've had bids called out on me when I put my hand up to scratch my face. That was not in the $50 million range. I would be absolutely motionless at that price. And probably strap down WoScrapr's arms too

I can't imagine the bidder looking up and seeing $50 million when he says  "I said $15 million!!!!"...pull out the credit card hon