I didn’t have much fun today.

Longjohn

I started out by having three squamous cell carcinomas cut out and stitched up this morning. One on my nose and two on my chest. The ones on my chest were right over my sternum. One of them feels like they left the scalpel in there when they stitched me up.

I went home and worked on the end of my driveway some more where the township truck messed it up. Then I moved firewood and stacked it until the guy with the stair lift showed up. I helped him carry it in and set it up but he couldn’t get it to work. I saw it worked just fine yesterday at his house. We worked on it until dark and he was frustrated, he gave me back $300 of the purchase price and gave me the phone number of the company that services them. It’s probably a fuse or breaker or limit switch but so far I haven’t been able to find it.

The lift chair is stuck halfway up the stairs, I hope I can get my wife safely past it in the morning for her appointment with her oncologist.

• Sad 9
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Best wishes, @Longjohn. Is she on anything for nausea? Have you considered medical marijuana? While I feel a lot of the medicalization of pot isn’t driven by hard data, nausea and appetite benefits are clear.

She has a prescription for nausea and we are stopping on the way home to pick up a script for pantoprazole. I bought some CBD oil at the drug store. We haven’t noticed any benefits from it yet.

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

She has a prescription for nausea and we are stopping on the way home to pick up a script for pantoprazole. I bought some CBD oil at the drug store. We haven’t noticed any benefits from it yet.

Talk to her oncologist to see if marijuana, more than CBD, is helpful with nausea? I recently had a conversation with an addiction medicine psychiatrist about the difference between the two for pain, he definitely felt there was additional benefits from the THC. If you’d like, I can reach out to him about nausea?

• Heart 2