Uphill in the drops

MoseySusan

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Uphill in the drops

Do you do it?

Is this a cycling question?  Where's the "cycling related" tag????  You're triggering me :frantics:

But it depends on "uphill".  A 1-2 percent grade is technically "uphill" but definitely in the "stay in the drops" category.  5+ percent grades?  No way.  Single digit speeds (not into a gale force wind)? No way.

57 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is this a cycling question?  Where's the "cycling related" tag????  You're triggering me :frantics:

But it depends on "uphill".  A 1-2 percent grade is technically "uphill" but definitely in the "stay in the drops" category.  5+ percent grades?  No way.  Single digit speeds (not into a gale force wind)? No way.

This^

Too much compression on my mid-torso to get full breaths, going uphill in the drops. 

But I saw a rider this morning on the uphill in her drops. She was sucking wind, and I wanted to advise to sit up and use the hoods or the flat part. I wanted to. 

16 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Too much compression on my mid-torso to get full breaths, going uphill in the drops. 

But I saw a rider this morning on the uphill in her drops. She was sucking wind, and I wanted to advise to sit up and use the hoods or the flat part. I wanted to. 

Smart.  Very smart.  I learned many years ago that it's best not to offer unsolicited advice the women - even especially the one you're married to.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Smart.  Very smart.  I learned many years ago that it's best not to offer unsolicited advice the women - even especially the one you're married to. 

You're still on speaking terms with your wife???? That's the next step in a healthy marriage - boundaries & a respect for silence.