The Patriots are still cheating

Randomguy

Mike Pettine: Tom Brady bragged to former Jets assistant that Pats had Jets playbook

Posted by Josh Alper on June 19, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT

As we’ve seen on every season of Hard Knocks, players who are cut from teams are asked to relinquish their playbooks before leaving the facility for the final time.

According to Browns coach Mike Pettine, that doesn’t stop the information from falling into the hands of other teams. Pettine told Greg Bedard of TheMMQB.com that he intentionally keeps his playbooks on the slimmer side — there isn’t “a lot of graduate-level information in it” — because he knows they find their way to “places like New England.”

Pettine isn’t just referencing Spygate. He told Bedard that Patriots quarterbackTom Brady bragged to former Jets assistant (and Wes Welker’s college roomate) Mike Smith at Welker’s wedding that the team “may or may not have had possession” of a couple of the Jets’ defensive playbooks.

but to be fair, the Jets Playbook is just an old copy of Archie Comics

All you have to do is block Jughead and you have their whole blitz package figured out

What?  I am not a jets fan so much.  I like to watch them when they are good, and they may be good this year if Vick starts and Chris Johnson stays healthy, but I am not banking on that.  I like the Giants the same way, I suppose, they generally put forth a good effort.

I just find it interesting that whenever cheating comes up, Boston is involved.

• Heart 1

Pettine isn’t just referencing Spygate. He told Bedard that Patriots quarterbackTom Brady bragged to former Jets assistant (and Wes Welker’s college roomate) Mike Smith at Welker’s wedding that the team “may or may not have had possession” of a couple of the Jets’ defensive playbooks.

so shit talking is now considered cheating? :scratch head:

Does this in any way affect how badly the Cowboys and Jerry Jones suck?

Yes, it has been reported Jerry has boughten all the other teams playbooks, but Jerry being Jerry he went through himself and completely misread everything before destroying the evidence.

• Heart 1

This is what Rex Ryan had to say about it.

“One thing I know for a fact, it’s disrespectful to New England to say, ‘oh, they did this…” Ryan said, via CBS New York. “Every single game, your playbook changes. Your game plan changes every single week.
“Your playbook, if you study your opponent, is based on your preparation. This thing has probably been blown out of proportion a little bit. To me, this is a lot to do about nothing.”