In a bit of a mood here

Parr8hed

I freaking hate to repeat myself.  

Especially when you hear me, and I know you hear me.  

People are just damn used to saying "Huh?" every time someone asks them something that they do it just out of habit.  THAT pisses me off.  

For instance when I ask someone "Do you have any nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bleeding?".....    Huh?    "Look Janet, you've been doing this for years.  I've been doing this for years.  It's the same goddam question that I ask you EVERY fucking time we do this.  So how about you cut the bullshit and just say no so we can go on about our day"

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Not sure this helps, but at times I think people just exist in a dream world oblivious to things around them, and simply do not hear some questions or statements.

Oh yea.  This I understand.  But I ask a person this 3X a week.  For years.  One might think that at some point we might establish a pattern.  Hell, maybe at some point I could just walk up and they could shake their head no and eliminate any 5:30 am talking whatsoever?  

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Oh yea.  This I understand.  But I ask a person this 3X a week.  For years.  One might think that at some point we might establish a pattern.  Hell, maybe at some point I could just walk up and they could shake their head no and eliminate any 5:30 am talking whatsoever?  

I had that on day two or three of getting my parking ticket validated during this week of training in a hotel. 

• Heart 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I must admit I am guilty of that's occasionally. People, you need to preface your communications with a start of text character. I usually just miss the first word or two which throws the whole thing off. 

So if I walk up to you with my stethoscope in my hand, introduce myself, and do a brief assessment that this would normally preface some sort of communication.  Like you KNOW it's coming.  We do this 3 times a week!  BE READY!!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Zealot said:

My hearing is going. I honestly don’t often hear what people are saying when they first start.  I hate saying ‘huh’ or ‘what’ a lot. So I’ve just started telling people, “Sorry, I can’t hear you.”

I have this issue, it takes a few words before the sound patterns become apparent, especially if there is back ground noise

I will often repeat what I thought heard   ?

• Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I freaking hate to repeat myself.  

Especially when you hear me, and I know you hear me.  

People are just damn used to saying "Huh?" every time someone asks them something that they do it just out of habit.  THAT pisses me off.  

For instance when I ask someone "Do you have any nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bleeding?".....    Huh?    "Look Janet, you've been doing this for years.  I've been doing this for years.  It's the same goddam question that I ask you EVERY fucking time we do this.  So how about you cut the bullshit and just say no so we can go on about our day"

You sound stressed. :nyanya:

• Haha 2