How long should a proper shower last?

Randomguy

You might call my dirty.

Most of my showers this summer have been quick.  A trailer shower is only about 3 minutes. You have to turn the water off during the soaping, but overall...less than 5 minutes. 

The water tank is somewhat small and we are off the grid most of the time.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Please define "proper".  Is this a solo shower?

If you shower with your wife you may discover she washes her feet.

how long should a shower last? Mine is going on 28 years, I did replace the shower head a few times and put new guts in the valve.

When I worked in the forge shop my shower averaged about twenty minutes. Start with an industrial shower soap on everything including hair. Then switch to body wash and shampoo to get the industrial soap off.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You might call my dirty.

Most of my showers this summer have been quick.  A trailer shower is only about 3 minutes. You have to turn the water off during the soaping, but overall...less than 5 minutes. 

This is why I do like campgrounds with full hookups.  One other thing that I have done is use the outdoor shower.  We stayed at a campground that only had electric but had a hose that you could fill your onboard tank.  So I would use the outdoor shower in swim trunks and then refill your freshwater tank.  Then you don't have to worry about filling the grey tank.  

Kind of depends on how dirty, hot, or cold I am.

I have scrubbed diligently for 15 minutes at work and still spotted a grease stain I missed. 

I have stood under a hot shower for 20 minutes waiting for the feeling to come back in my toes.

And done the same with cold water in the summer. 

• Heart 1

It depends whether I wash and condition my hair or shave. Anywhere from  8-15 minutes. 

I use four different products and three grooming tools in a full shower. 

Face wash, body soap, shampoo, conditioner (one of two kinds, either regular or deep treatment). A washcloth, razor, and pumice for my feet. 

A really long time, but my shower we've learned wasn't done right so it's being ripped out next week once the spare bathroom upstairs is done.  I'm putting in flooring and setting a new toilet today.  Guy doing the tile work said he should be done Tuesday.  So the moment he's done, it's good to go and can start demoing the master.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:14 AM, Dirtyhip said:

You might call my dirty.

Known as a navy shower (limited water rations).  Wet quickly, water off.  Soap and wash.  Rinse quickly.  If it's not hot enough, tough.  Then there were the diesel submarines.  Showers consisted of 7 sets of underwear, one per day.  At the end of 7 days swap the dirty bag with the clean one.  There was simply not enough water for anything but the engines and drinking.  I had a housemate once who upon returning from patrol needed 4 changes of water in his bath before he stopped leaving an oil ring on the tub.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, roadsue said:

It depends whether I wash and condition my hair or shave. Anywhere from  8-15 minutes. 

I use four different products and three grooming tools in a full shower. 

Face wash, body soap, shampoo, conditioner (one of two kinds, either regular or deep treatment). A washcloth, razor, and pumice for my feet. 

I actually use my hands to exfoliate skin on legs, arms..I haven't tried a loofah..although there's one decorating the bathroom.

Face soap which is not as drying (if men don't know that one and becomes important as one ages), body soap (Dove), shampoo.  I never have had to condition my hair.  As soon as I get out of shower, I must put on very strong body lotion on my skin.

I also no longer need to shave. Thx mother for your genes,....aging meant legs and underarms becoming naturally hairless.