Red Roof Inn

Airehead

I have only stayed at two.  Wilmington DE and SFO airport, the latter by mistake.   The Marriott gave our rooms away as we were a late arrival.  They were obliged to supply an alternate and that is what we got.

Walking up the stairs, there were cigarette butts and hypodermic needles.  

Marriot gave us $300 each and 90,000 rewards points. I still complained to corporate and got an apology from a senior manager and 300,000 points. 

:) 

• Heart 1

I doing installation work, my brother in law was helping me over his Christmas break from college.

The day had gone horribly wrong and we were exhausted looking for a room somewhere in eastern Pa. well after midnight.

The lady at the Red Roof shook her head through the bulletproof glass and said no vacancy over the tiny intercom. As we turned to go my BIL said, "no room at the inn, now I know how Joseph felt" 

It wasn't that funny a line, but we were so tired we just started laughing hysterically. 

I'm sure the lady watching us was glad for the glass. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Staying at motels with the dogs has always been an adventure. We'll bring extra towels, bed covers, etc.  And they'll often put you in one of their less nice rooms with stained carpets. Once we stayed at a fancy name brand motel and they gave us a stinky/sticky room with a bad vibe. When the dogs sniffed the air they even made a hasty retreat and waited for us at the elevators. "You are NOT blaming us for that stink!" We tried to find another room, but all the motels in the area were booked. None of us got much sleep that night. 

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Airehead said:

Ryan is kind of a crap shoot. Today when we set up our crating he was a reactive idiot. I did not like that all all so he got banned to the van.  

If Ryan can't meet your lofty behavior expectations you can send him to play with the huskies.  They are crazy and accept crazy as the norm.  With a little coaching from 6 huskies I'm sure Ryan could fit right in.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2