Hey grandpa what’s for supper?

Longjohn

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

My wife actually ate everything I put on her plate today (that’s my plate, hers had smaller portions). Her treatments and change in medications appears to be working. She wants to try to go to church with me and the girls tomorrow. It will be her first ride on the stairlift.

Great to hear.  

How do you season the pot roast & what’s your gravy recipe???

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

This had me looking for a particular granddaughter..and corn on the cob...this the season.

They have been vacationing at a beach house at Virginia Beach all week. They were coming home today. 

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Great to hear.  

How do you season the pot roast & what’s your gravy recipe???

I don’t get fancy I have enough to keep me busy. This was a beautiful black angus rump roast. I would have roasted it in the oven if I was going to be here. I just threw it in the crock pot while frozen, added some water and garlic salt and set it on high. When I had the taters on to boil I took the roast out and added a can of condensed mushroom soup (I know that’s cheating) undiluted and thickened it some more with flour. My wife wanted the mushroom soup in there. We were eating within 45 minutes of me finishing my ride.

• Heart 2

• 5 months later...

Used the last of the potatoes. Still have lots of frozen meat and frozen vegetables. Lots of pasta. I can get by for a long time. Still waiting to see who is going to come around and give me a break. I can have my brother get me anything I need if I have to. He’s had a cough so I don’t want to spend much time around him. I haven’t talked to the Amish yet.

• Heart 1