Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Square Wheels

Server upgraded

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I was running out of space, that may have made the site a bit slower.  In order to get more space, we also got more RAM.

Hopefully, the site is faster now.

Thanks.

So I'm curious. Is that something you physically performed or had some kind of a tech do ? Or, do you arrange to rent more  RAM/Tera from the great megaserver in silicon heaven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Thanks.

So I'm curious. Is that something you physically performed or had some kind of a tech do ? Or, do you arrange to rent more  RAM/Tera from the great megaserver in silicon heaven?

It's really silly simple.  They have an upgrade button, I just select the next level package from the list.  It comes with more RAM, more transfer data, and 40GB more storage.  We were almost out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It's really silly simple.  They have an upgrade button, I just select the next level package from the list.  It comes with more RAM, more transfer data, and 40GB more storage.  We were almost out.

Maybe it might be worth deleting posts that originated 5 years ago. (or whatever really "old" time period)  Seriously.  Or maybe that happens anyway.  If there is a good topic that gets revisited, someone can restart it.  I don't "research" threads from many years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Maybe it might be worth deleting posts that originated 5 years ago. (or whatever really "old" time period)  Seriously.  Or maybe that happens anyway.  If there is a good topic that gets revisited, someone can restart it.  I don't "research" threads from many years back.

Nah, too much gold in those old posts, plus @RalphWaldoMooseworth would cry.

Some day I will learn how to host the images on Amazon.  That's a lot cheaper, but you need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Nah, too much gold in those old posts, plus @RalphWaldoMooseworth would cry.

Some day I will learn how to host the images on Amazon.  That's a lot cheaper, but you need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Wonderful and have Amazon possibly own our personal photos...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Wonderful and have Amazon possibly own our personal photos...

Well, you posted them on a public internet forum that the planet can access.

If it makes you uncomfortable, don't post pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cicada said:

Just delete the parody threads. That should clear up 25 percent of the Cafe's usage. 

 

I am never sure which was the original and which the parody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I am never sure which was the original and which the parody. 

Yea, that's one of the reasons they generally suck.  Jsharr will knock some out of the park though and even my cold heart will chuckle.  That's rare though.

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...