rimless sports sunglasses

shootingstar

I prefer wrap-around sports sunglasses.  I don't need wear prescription sunglasses yet...hopefully not for another decade or more.

I don't look at $150.00- $200.00 CAN glasses...I tend to buy under $100.00. What is noticeable in past 4 years at various sporting goods stores:

*a lot less full framed glasses. Instead rimless sunglasses or half rimmed.  This less choice in styles and tending toward half-rimmed glasses is a nuisance.  A lot of the bottom edge of plastic digs into my face skin.

*abit less choice in wraparounds.  I'm pretty picky. Certain styles that are too thick in ear frame widths, cause me headaches when I wear ear-headband in colder temp. plus the helmet top.

Yes, I do have some specifics.....because of my natural less of nose bridge.  So any old sunglass doesn't just fit against my face without falling forward abit.

It's been a challenge to find reasonably priced wrap-around sunglasses that meets needs.  I do use them for cycling year round and also for snowshoeing in the mountains.  So I take eye sun protection seriously.

How about safety type glasses? Check places like Wally Mart's optical. Yesterday I ordered a pair of wrap around safety type sun glasses with my script. They will cost me over $450, but without my expensive script, the frame (I forget the brand name) with the non script shaded lenses were $58. I tried many different styles, but the wrap around safety glasses fit inside my motorsports helmets the best.

11 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I really am afraid for losing expensive sunglasses which is why I don't want to go there /get into a habit for them.

If you take your vision & eyewear seriously and need numerous options with face size & width with full frame sun glasses, it’s hard to beat Oakley.  Yeah they can be spendy but you get what you pay for.

Oakley makes numerous frame types that fit all sorts of faces so best to go to a shoppe that has numerous styles.  We have actual Oakley stores here but their corporate HQ is 2 miles from my office...

i have some Maui Jim’s I wear when driving to work but all outdoor activities are done in Oakley’s.  They fit, stay glued to my face and are visually superior to any other sunglasses I’ve owned.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We have actual Oakley stores here but their corporate HQ is 2 miles from my office...

i have some Maui Jim’s I wear when driving to work but all outdoor activities are done in Oakley’s.  They fit, stay glued to my face and are visually superior to any other sunglasses I’ve owned.

We don't have any total Oakley stores here in Canada.  I know /visit the major sporting/cycling stores in Vancouver, Toronto and my Prairie city plus Banff/Canmore mountain resort towns that cater to skiers, cyclists, etc. It appears a lot of the Canadian stores I've visited, don't carry Maui Jim.  I dimly recall trying some American lines not sold in Canada, in Seattle.

For sure, I have to try on sunglasses in person. Ordering online for this type of accessory is risky in terms of fit for me.  I also get fussy about the colour tint of the lens....sometimes too bright blue or too dark lens is no good.

Where I"ve been, usually there maybe ..um..3-4 maximum different types of Oakley glasses in the Canadian stores.  

I get nervous alone on bringing my...about my $1,000CAN prescription progressive lens set, all over the place.  This is why I tend to be more conservative in spending on sunglasses.  

16 hours ago, shootingstar said:

We don't have any total Oakley stores here in Canada. 

For sure, I have to try on sunglasses in person. Ordering online for this type of accessory is risky in terms of fit for me.  I also get fussy about the colour tint of the lens....sometimes too bright blue or too dark lens is no good.

You can buy direct from Oakley, or from  https://www.sportrx.com/ which is where I bought my prescription oakleys. I agree trying them on important, but luckily there are enough oakley retailers around me I was able to try a pair before ordering them. FYI, I bought mine during a sportrx cyber monday deal and got $100 off. I bought the Half Jacket 2.0 XL. Not as comfy as my previous M-Frame, which is wrap around, but still good.

I've used Oakley Radars for ten years and never liked anything else. I've tried on just about everything, but only the Oakley's truly fit and fit correctly and are comfortable to the point that I don't even notice that I'm wearing them, and the lenses being super-clear is a must-have.