Lost Five Pounds!

Razors Edge

...over the course of my century this weekend.  I consider that pretty good relative to years past, where I was sweating like a dog, and lost way more during the ride.  Still had some salt deposits on my clothes, but also not as bad as some other similar rides.

I drank about 20oz/hr (less as the ride went on), and that is definitely not sufficient to keep up with sweat loss.  I also snacked periodically at the various rest stops, but most importantly, I had two cokes and two ice cream sundae cones (Schwanns!) at the ride's end.  Hoping to be back up the five pounds by tomorrow.  Was up two pounds already this morning, and will be pushing water all day today. 

Also, this is at least the 11th time in a row that I have done the Reston event (2009-2019).  I gotta check if I have pre-2009 files not up on Garmin ?

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Sounds like a great weekend though. The two centuries I have ridden, it took me 9+ hours to complete with breaks.

Try it now with the ebike :)

I gotta say, I didn't see any ebikes this century.

But @Page Turner will like that some young guy on an old steel bike with down tube shifters passed me on the second big hill in the Taylorstown/Stumptown loop.  I rolled up to him on the next set of rollers and chatted for a little bit. A young whipper snapper (young = 30s :D ).

• Heart 1