Tuesday is Terrific

Airehead

Kind of a meh Tuesday.  We lost the season championship last night, really wanted to win it for our goalie, his last game before getting shipped out to Korea.  Then I was a total blob in the pool this morning, too few laps too slow.  Was supposed to have a meeting I wanted to have tonight, I even made some stuffed Anaheim Chilis to roast and serve.  I just got a reminder of another meeting that I didn't want to go to, but it's more important.

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Does the volume control on your radio go to 11?

Right!  She is usually pretty tired from the travel so is less obnoxious.

This trip should be interesting.  Her kids are planning a financial intervention.   I know I bitch here about the petty shit she does but my wife is already primed.  “She better not F’ing try to get a $200 meal out of us...”  Damn tootin honey!

She better not smash my peaches too!  ?

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Hey - I just had a brilliant idea!  Since Mondays are so sucky and Tuesdays are way better, we should move the weekend to Sunday and Monday so the work week doesn't start on such a sucky day!

Man, sometimes my genius impresses even me!

For many of us, next weekend will be similar, actually better, than what you suggest.

Tuesday is so far a terrific day. I got a call back for an in-person, meet the team and VP, interview for a very interesting job position.

Job kinda fell in my lap; it popped up on my radar on LinkedIn, I ignored it at the time, got a message from a neighbor who works for the same company saying they saw a job posted I'd be perfect for and then a recruiter reached out who I know in the field and said the same thing. Thought what the hell, the universe must be saying something!

Two phone interviews later, the job would be a terrific fit. Only 5 miles from my house (current is 27 in heavy traffic), more tailored to my area of expertise, more freedom to drive solutions, and of course better benefits and about a 32% , just did the math 43%, hike in salary. 

So it is a Super Tuesday for me.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Beginning in a week, Tuesday is the day I have to file my waiver claims (players unclaimed in my league who I want to add to my team) for my fantasy football teams. In standard leagues they are awarded Wednesday AM, and most league let the poorest record team get the first waiver pick, next weakest 2nd, etc.

I send a Waiver Claims email list out to friends each week, ranging from my brother to my shoulder surgeon's receptionist, recommending players that aren't on teams in a lot of leagues but should be picked up if you need a QB, RB, WR, TE, K, or DST.

I you play fantasy football want to be added to the Tuesday list, send me a private message here with your email.  Here's a partial sample of the Week 16 list from last year:

Week 16 Waiver List –Final

Legend:

!!!! - definite roster add

!!! - add to most rosters

!!!? - add to most rosters, upside but with risk

!! - consider adding to roster

!!? - possibly excellent but risky roster add

!  bye week replacement

!? - risky bye week replacement

Note: a real mine of information with links to lots of waiver wire articles by early Tuesday is: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advice/waiver-wire.php

The best detailed list is: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/84869/64/waiver-wire-week-16

QB

!!!Lamar Jackson QB BAL @ LAC - rushing yards gives him a decent fantasy score

!!!Josh Allen QB BUF @ NE - rushing + passing, NE D is weak against QB’s

RB

!!!Jamaal Williams RB GB @ NYJ - #1 GB RB, Aaron Jones out

!!!Elijah McGuire RB NYJ vs GB - with other Jets RB’s out, McGuire is #1 with 35 carries and six catches the past two weeks. GB D is banged up and eliminated from playoffs.

!!?Kalen Ballage RB MIA vs JAC - lead Miami back with Gore out and Drake hurt (shoulder)